OGXbox.com

DVD drive problems on XBMC4Xbox under titan patched evox m8+ with UDMA5 enabled

webodan

has anyone had the same issues I have? the DVD drive under standard XBMC and other apps fails to detect DVDs (always shows as empty), this is hinted in Titan's readme on its github, but it's a software problem -- it should be fixable, for example XBMC4Gamers has it fixed, but it can't play media in any way! is there any way we can obtain the same version of the source code that XBMC4Gamers uses and have it in a normal XBMC4Xbox version that can play multimedia? i'm one of the few weirdos that still uses his Xbox to watch movies and shows, cuz it gives an amazingly crisp, bright and clear image over RGB! so this DVD problem is a major bummer that I'd LOVE someone could have a fix for!

Edited by webodan

• webodan changed the title to DVD drive problems on XBMC4Xbox under titan patched evox m8+ with UDMA5 enabled

@sweetdarkdestinyi like how fast it boots, and the fact that it looks much more stock than cerbios or ind-bios.

yeah, i guess it's a dumb reason, but i don't know of any lba48 patched, udma 6 compatible bios that boots nearly as fast and that also looks as stock as possible (i like how the standard green on black flubber and xbox logo look, i like it purist). ind-bios was slower, and cerbios was slower as well.

Edited by webodan

3 hours ago, HDShadow said:

As I said on another forum where the OP posted this too: most DVD drive issues are due to ageing and not to do with software or BIOS being used.

I'm sure it's not wear because whenever I run DVDX2 donglefree player, the DVD starts playing just fine. It just goes empty on XBMC which is so confusing.

I even flashed Cerbios UDMA2 to make sure but it still does it. 

Edited by webodan

9 hours ago, webodan said:

I'm sure it's not wear because whenever I run DVDX2 donglefree player, the DVD starts playing just fine. It just goes empty on XBMC which is so confusing.

I even flashed Cerbios UDMA2 to make sure but it still does it. 

If you're using titan for speed, why don't you try Cerbios UDMA 6? Have a Startech?