OGXbox.com

XBMC-Emustation Jumpstart V1.0

Jay Yardley

Splash.png.1d9b0518d6538403bd6e54c3be83f394.png

A massive jumpstart in setting up your fresh XBMC-Emustation install.
Includes thousands of ROMs and emulators as well as the EWJ 212 pack for Surreal64.

Ready to be merged with your XBMC-Emustation folders.

Notes:
I made this pack quite a while ago, and I am currently working on a revised version that doesn't include a number of prototype/hacked ROMs, so I figured I'd post this here so when I do update it, people know what the heckeroonie I'm talking about.

Readme included in pack, it's a Google Drive download.
If anyone is able to mirror it i'd appreciate that!

(https://drive.google.com/file/d/1InRqeKu6oGcqKM7qSVlRGMf0pRFiGFil/view?usp=sharing)

readme.txt

Edited by Jay Yardley
Added links to xbmc-emustation
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jay Yardley said:

Includes thousands of ROMs and emulators as well as the EWJ 212 pack for Surreal64.

Notes:
I made this pack quite a while ago, and I am currently working on a revised version that doesn't include a number of prototype/hacked ROMs, so I figured I'd post this here so when I do update it, people know what the heckeroonie I'm talking about.

(https://drive.google.com/file/d/1InRqeKu6oGcqKM7qSVlRGMf0pRFiGFil/view?usp=sharing)

readme.txt 2.93 kB · 1 download

If that's your first post, then kudos, Jay Yardley. Thank you for this. And kudos for using your name and actual photo. That's different. :)

• Like 1

On 8/20/2023 at 7:14 PM, Jay Yardley said:

Notes:

readme.txt 2.93 kB · 3 downloads

So a very similar pack was posted two years ago by Hazeno from Xbox Homebrew and Xbox scene. I don’t want to take credibility away from anyone, but are you sure you made this pack and didn’t just repost it as your own? 

Edit: Source… 

Edited by MadMartigan

1 hour ago, MadMartigan said:

So a very similar pack was posted two years ago by Hazeno from Xbox Homebrew and Xbox scene. I don’t want to take credibility away from anyone, but are you sure you made this pack and didn’t just repost it as your own? 

Edit: Source… 

Interesting. If anything, they may have "stolen" it from me as I made this pack in 2020.

No I did this all on my own, and I am also working on a finished pack.

I understand the skepticsm.

If it's credibility you're looking for, check the credits in xbmc-emustation, you'll see me there👌

Screenshot_2023-08-22-13-06-07-71_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

8 minutes ago, MadMartigan said:

Thank you for not taking my post as an attack. I’ve known Hazeno from the community for a good while. Doesn’t seem like he needs to steal anything. It could just be pure coincidence. Keep us informed of your progress 

I should add I did not mean to literally imply that Hazeno did, in fact I'd argue, (even if they did), take what I had made, they added much more by the looks of the video.

My pack was purely designed as a "jumpstart", not an exhaustive pack that has everything.

The thing I am working on, is that. Every legitimate non-hacked rom pack that the Xbox can handle, making sure everything is verified and passes checksums.

I am also considering adding all of the other N64 games to the surreal64 B6.0 emulator, even if they run like shit, because why not... If you're willing to download that much data, it's obviously for perfectionist/legitimate OCD reasons, so may as well put that out there somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, arfows said:

Jay,

I'm interested in collaborating if you are up for it.  Think my OCD kicks in because I don't want that extra artwork or hacked ROMS taking up unnecessary space.

Yeah sure, Xtra ressurections includes a bunch of artwork and ROMs that are redundant. I basically want to gather all ROMs and artwork that compliment xbmc-emustation. Rocky5 has actually made an artwork maker for emustation, so pairing that with a more organised and verified set of systems/ROMs should result in the most optimum pack.

PM me if you'd like, I'm currently working on a few projects, including gathering all retail Xbox games in .CCI format. In over my head but we'll get there.

On 8/22/2023 at 1:10 PM, leonv32 said:

hello, i made this way back, its a shame to waste all the work i put into it.

maybe you want to use it for you pack. i also have datafiles for mameoxtras and finalburn.

https://www.emuxtras.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=189&t=7470

https://www.emuxtras.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=189&t=7464

How well does MAME run on the xbox? Any machines it supports end up lagging? Wouldn't mind having metal slug on there! :)

2 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

How well does MAME run on the xbox? Any machines it supports end up lagging? Wouldn't mind having metal slug on there! :)

you can play all neogeo, cps1, cps2 without issues in the old xbox, with either mame or finalburn.

i made this webpage to display supported arcade games in the olg xbox

http://leonv32.epizy.com/?i=1