OGXbox.com

Xecuter 3, way to boot from the chip with power button? Cerbios boots to safemode

SoftMachine

I have an Xbox with an Xecuter 3, X3CP, and the daughterboards for the controller port and front panel PCB, booting from the chip requires pressing the eject button but I have a couple of problems with this:

- Booting with the eject button causes Cerbios to boot into safemode and not display any boot animation

- Opening the disc tray each start up puts unnecessary wear on it, that's something I'd like to avoid

I hardly have any experience with the X3, is there a way to enable the chip no matter what button powers the console on, or a way to switch which button enables it? I'd prefer to keep the ability to boot to the backup image

Edited by SoftMachine

press short on the power button to boot from the chip. 

You probably press long and that way the console boots to the tsop

edit: if the console boots from tsop you can tell by the xecuter logo on the front under the bank select buttons turns red, that indicates that the chip is not active

Edited by Dempsey_86
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dempsey_86 said:

press short on the power button to boot from the chip. 

You probably press long and that way the console boots to the tsop

edit: if the console boots from tsop you can tell by the xecuter logo on the front under the bank select buttons turns red, that indicates that the chip is not active

You can tell because the "X" logo is RED if it boots the TSOP. The logo is blue when short pressing the power button and booting from the selected bank on the chip.

@SoftMachine