OGXbox.com

aladdin modchip

stephen mell

hi just a quick question. i have installed aladdin xt plus 2 modchip it all went very well put it all back together and turned it on dashboard comes on yes i can see evox logo sorted. i started messing with settings not really knowing what i was doing now when i turn it on all i get is the xbox turns itself on and off twise and then nothing what can i do ?. help.

13 hours ago, stephen mell said:

hi just a quick question. i have installed aladdin xt plus 2 modchip it all went very well put it all back together and turned it on dashboard comes on yes i can see evox logo sorted. i started messing with settings not really knowing what i was doing now when i turn it on all i get is the xbox turns itself on and off twise and then nothing what can i do ?. help.

What replacement dashboard were you messing with its settings?  What settings were they? 

You need to know what you are doing before you go changing things.

Download the OGXbox Installer 2021 v1.5.4 disc image archive, extract then burn the disc image to DVD-R media.  Boot it. 

Reverse the changes you made to the settings by editing the configuration file for the replacement dashboard you messed up.

2 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

What replacement dashboard were you messing with its settings?  What settings were they? 

You need to know what you are doing before you go changing things.

Download the OGXbox Installer 2021 v1.5.4 disc image archive, extract then burn the disc image to DVD-R media.  Boot it. 

Reverse the changes you made to the settings by editing the configuration file for the replacement dashboard you messed up.

He's talking about a frag, Kaos. Dash wouldn't do that.

12 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

He's talking about a frag, Kaos. Dash wouldn't do that.

Since the chip was working and he messed with the software, lets assume he deletet some of the dash files aof any kind that could lead to a frag and self rebooting behavior. So first thing to check would be to check if an install dvd will boot. Slayers (non BFM version) or OGXBox or even Hexen would be come in handy to test this. If an installer boot, it's not hardware related and a simple clean install can solve his problem. 

• Like 1

Just now, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Since the chip was working and he messed with the software, lets assume he deletet some of the dash files aof any kind that could lead to a frag and self rebooting behavior. So first thing to check would be to check if an install dvd will boot. Slayers (non BFM version) or OGXBox or even Hexen would be come in handy to test this. If an installer boot, it's not hardware related and a simple clean install can solve his problem. 

Good place to start iIthink! :)