OGXbox.com

Getting Error 13 on cloned HD

anonymous549427

I need help. I cloned my 1.5 tb WD Green HDD to my new Hitachi 3tb Hdd and now when ever I boot it gives me an error 13. I'm using ind-bios .5004 and I tried using the heimdall engineering disc to reinstall the dashboards and repair them, but I still get the same error. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try next. My console is hardmodded with an alladin xt chip and it ran fine before the cloning on the previous HDD.

This person had the exact same problem.

I would recommend formatting c and using an installer disc to restore it. See if you still get the error. If that doesn't work, then just format the whole drive and see if the error stops. If it does, then you'll have to copy everything manually, partition by partition... That sucks. Lol.

2 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

This person had the exact same problem.

I would recommend formatting c and using an installer disc to restore it. See if you still get the error. If that doesn't work, then just format the whole drive and see if the error stops. If it does, then you'll have to copy everything manually, partition by partition... That sucks. Lol.

I will try this and update if it works. I have also been told that I wont be able to use my 3tb on the xbox because the xbox is only able to sector up to 2200gb of storage making the 2800 from the 3tb useless in my system. Is there a work around for the higher capacity storage?

Edited by anonymous549427

40 minutes ago, anonymous549427 said:

I will try this and update if it works. I have also been told that I wont be able to use my 3tb on the xbox because the xbox is only able to sector up to 2200gb of storage making the 2800 from the 3tb useless in my system. Is there a work around for the higher capacity storage?

That is dependent upon the bios and what you use to format the drive. Just use Cerbios and you should be fine with the latest version of XBPartitioner. There are people using 16TB HDDs in their Xboxes.

5 hours ago, anonymous549427 said:

I need help. I cloned my 1.5 tb WD Green HDD to my new Hitachi 3tb Hdd and now when ever I boot it gives me an error 13. I'm using ind-bios .5004 and I tried using the heimdall engineering disc to reinstall the dashboards and repair them, but I still get the same error. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try next. My console is hardmodded with an alladin xt chip and it ran fine before the cloning on the previous HDD.

Best to use Fatxploer V3.0 beta on a PC to format the new HDD and then use the same program to copy the files you want to keep from the old drive to the new drive.

As an example I can fill a 2tb in under 20 hours using a USB3 Sata adaptor when using Fatxplorer 

Here is a tutoral on using Fatxplorer

https://www.hazeno.com/ogxbox-large-hdd-cerbios

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Best to use Fatxploer V3.0 beta on a PC to format the new HDD and then use the same program to copy the files you want to keep from the old drive to the new drive.

As an example I can fill a 2tb in under 20 hours using a USB3 Sata adaptor when using Fatxplorer 

Here is a tutoral on using Fatxplorer

https://www.hazeno.com/ogxbox-large-hdd-cerbios

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I was going to recommend that software, just wasn't sure of the details because I haven't used it yet for that.

I'm still interested as to why the problem occurred.

I had never heard of the dd (data duplication) command line tool before this thread but it sounds like it is just a cloning tool so why didn't it work?

How was the new HDD mounted during this process?

The suggestion for the requested work around with the 3TB HDD in question - to flash the existing BIOS to CerBIOS is OK but a bit extreme when you can still use the 3TB HDD with the current BIOS. There's a <1TiB max size limit for each of the F & G partitions (Extended Drives 6 and 7) but this means you get significantly more than 2TB, divided equally between F and G, when using a 3TB HDD (3,000,000,000,000 Bytes)