OGXbox.com

Help with Cerbios

lopenator

4 minutes ago, lopenator said:

I guarantee that when I had d0 from the Xbox mobo connected to the Aladdin d0 pad the Xbox was fragging. after I grounded d0 on the mobo i was able to boot into xblast. and yes you're correct that makes the tsop bank of the chip usless

Is it a version 1.6?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

3 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

I tested my Xblast chip and it seams to boot to the onboard bios from the Xblast menu if I have the D0 point on the main board connected to the mod chip.

I tested my Xblast on a 1.1 with 128meg ram and a internal HDMI from N64 freak and that is wired as a component output

It all operated fine with the D0 connected to the mod chip. The only issue with Xblast is it will not work with a non original controller.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Is it the Modville version? That version has a shit D0, I think. That's what me and Lope have.

I'm PRETTY sure he knows the difference between a 1.6 and the rest. He did mention the difference between Lframe and D0...

And yeah, the controller thing is weird. What is different about those controllers that causes them to not work in XBlastOS? How are they different? The regular MS software treats them no different...

4 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

What is different about those controllers that causes them to not work in XBlastOS? How are they different? The regular MS software treats them no different...

The Xblast is a Linux program same as Chimp and will only work with a genuine controller.

Cheers

SS Dave

10 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Is it a version 1.6?

Cheers

SS Dave

no the Aladdin is installed on a 1.2/3

I currently have d0 grounded on the mobo and d0 going to the pad on the aladdin also. I have not tried disconnecting the aladdin d0 and leaving only d0 grounded on the mobo yet.

Edited by lopenator

36 minutes ago, lopenator said:

no the Aladdin is installed on a 1.2/3

I currently have d0 grounded on the mobo and d0 going to the pad on the aladdin also. I have not tried disconnecting the aladdin d0 and leaving only d0 grounded on the mobo yet.

On your 1.2-1.3 connect the D0 from the motherboard directly to the D0 point on the mod chip 

The mod chip is always active but if you select boot from on-board bios in the Xblast menu the chip will reset the Xbox and let it load from the stock bios.

Cheers

SS Dave

53 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

On your 1.2-1.3 connect the D0 from the motherboard directly to the D0 point on the mod chip 

The mod chip is always active but if you select boot from on-board bios in the Xblast menu the chip will reset the Xbox and let it load from the stock bios.

Cheers

SS Dave

I had it originally like that and it kept fragging. I fixed the fragging by grounding d0 on the underside of the mobo to ground.

Edited by lopenator

2 hours ago, lopenator said:

I had it originally like that and it kept fragging. I fixed the fragging by grounding d0 on the underside of the mobo to ground.

Right.

I would say that you and I should just buy some XBlasts from somebody else here. We can't use our D0, apparently, and if we're trying to boot our TSOP, we're wasting our time. Thats not really gonna work. I want the extra bank, man. I plan to get one ASAP. I HATE not being able to boot my TSOP. 

I feel like I always have thoughts of things like this and go, "But..... Xecuter 3...........

42 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Right.

I would say that you and I should just buy some XBlasts from somebody else here. We can't use our D0, apparently, and if we're trying to boot our TSOP, we're wasting our time. Thats not really gonna work. I want the extra bank, man. I plan to get one ASAP. I HATE not being able to boot my TSOP. 

I feel like I always have thoughts of things like this and go, "But..... Xecuter 3...........

so your d0 isn't working either and you can boot retail either. I guess the chips don't work right? OX looks like a nice chip. a little more $ though.

On 6/22/2023 at 7:52 PM, lopenator said:

I didn't realize it was common for the bios to randomly fail to boot if you flashed an incorrect udma. learning a lot on this forum. thanks.

The new Cerbios releases have a "safe mode" built in.  If you flash the wrong UDMA mode bios you might be able to boot up your Xbox by using the eject button and it will boot Cerbios UDMA2.  I know at one time Xenium modchips had a problem with this but I dont know if that is still the case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lopenator said:

can confirm my consoles boots into cerbios when I remove the d0 trace from the d0 pad on chip and leave it grounded only on mobo.

retail tsop doesn't boot still.

The Xbox is still booting from the mod chip because you have the D0 point on the main board grounded and you connect the D0 from the main board directly to the mod chip D0  and not to ground.

The D0 point on the mod-chip is a switch the turns on when the chip is active and when you want to load the original bios the switch turns off so the Xbox can boot as if the chip is not fitted.

Some Aladdin chips the D0 point on the board is not strong enough and you can link the L1 and D0 on the chip together and connect that to the main boards D0 point.

51-LORLQgp-XL-AC-UF894-1000-QL80.jpg

This is only works on the Xblast version of the Aladdin chip sao you can select the original bios from the main menu

Or if you have a basic Aladdin chip that has the BT on the chip wire to the power button and in this case you power on the Xbox by pressing the eject button.

Cheers

SS Dave

26 minutes ago, lopenator said:

thanks Dave. I do have the xblast Aladdin from modzville

Just connect the D0 from the main board directly to the mod-chip and not to ground.

Cheers

SS Dave

3 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Just connect the D0 from the main board directly to the mod-chip and not to ground.

Cheers

SS Dave

I did that originally and the console was fragging. as soon as I grounded it on the board it started working

as of now d0 pad on the modchip is not connected to anything and only grounded on the mobo

Edited by lopenator

1 minute ago, lopenator said:

I did that originally and the console was fragging. as soon as I grounded it on the board it started working

That means the Xbox was trying to load from the mod chip. 

Didn't you get the chip replaced from Modzville

Cheers

SS Dave

2 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

That means the Xbox was trying to load from the mod chip. 

Didn't you get the chip replaced from Modzville

Cheers

SS Dave

no that was not me. you think it's a faulty chip?

2 minutes ago, lopenator said:

no that was not me. you think it's a faulty chip?

Sorry my mistake. 

Try linking the D0 and L1 like the image I posted.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 1

I'm going to update on what I did to "solve" this issue. my "for parts" ebay Xbox (the one with the Aladdin chip in it) came with a manual switch in it from a previous installer. I decided to just wire d0 from the mobo to the switch and ground from the mobo to the switch and manually flip the switch when I want to boot retail. all this is basically a waste of my time because I will never boot retail but for sanity check it's nice to be able too if I want.

Edited by lopenator

6 hours ago, lopenator said:

I'm going to update on what I did to "solve" this issue. my "for parts" ebay Xbox (the one with the Aladdin chip in it) came with a manual switch in it from a previous installer. I decided to just wire d0 from the mobo to the switch and ground from the mobo to the switch and manually flip the switch when I want to boot retail. all this is basically a waste of my time because I will never boot retail but for sanity check it's nice to be able too if I want.

That's a creative way to do it... When I get my first influx of cash, I would like to get you another modchip, since I recommended this one to you. I would like to test a different XBlast when I can, and then bestow the same blessings upon you. I don't know exactly when this would be, is the only thing. Don't want you to think I'm full of shit! :)

On 6/24/2023 at 12:46 AM, SS_Dave said:

The Xblast is a Linux program same as Chimp and will only work with a genuine controller.

Cheers

SS Dave

No I get THAT l, but WHY? What is different about a 3rd party controller that causes those pieces of software to reject them?