OGXbox.com

About softmod (hot swapping)

cch2001.tw

Hello everyone, I am beginner for Xbox system, because my XBOX can no longer use DVD, so only can use hot-swapping method to do softmod.

So, I will buy some transfer parts, like IDE to USB connector.

By the way. Could you please teach me the procedure for this method? (hot swapping)

Thanks a lot!

Here is a tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlrCXdxmZUY

key points in 4:40 - 6:50

listen carefully to the instructions

Here's the XBHDM Build.zip folder

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GO8e61Urz0Ck8110A5C5X0qxnGpLjTI8

mouse over XBHDM Build.zip and click on the down arrow when the mouse
turns into a hand icon

navigate into the C folder
....\XBHDM Build.zip\XBHDM Build\C

copy the contents "inside" the C folder not the "C folder" to the
partition 3 in Xplorer360

power off xbox connect dvd drive and hdd and it should boot into XBHDM
installer

• Thanks 1

On 4/27/2023 at 8:18 AM, Aero_105 said:

Here is a tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlrCXdxmZUY

key points in 4:40 - 6:50

listen carefully to the instructions

Here's the XBHDM Build.zip folder

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GO8e61Urz0Ck8110A5C5X0qxnGpLjTI8

mouse over XBHDM Build.zip and click on the down arrow when the mouse
turns into a hand icon

navigate into the C folder
....\XBHDM Build.zip\XBHDM Build\C

copy the contents "inside" the C folder not the "C folder" to the
partition 3 in Xplorer360

power off xbox connect dvd drive and hdd and it should boot into XBHDM
installer

Thank you so much!

46 minutes ago, cch2001.tw said:

Thank you so much!

That solution is very old skool. If you have a 1.0 to 1.4 xbox you can do a tsop flash hardmod (miles better than a softmod), then if you use a sata hdd you can set it up directly in windows using a pro called FatXplorer. Honestly so much simpler than all the messing about that used to be required. There is probably a guide around this site somewhere :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, nikeymikey said:

That solution is very old skool. If you have a 1.0 to 1.4 xbox you can do a tsop flash hardmod (miles better than a softmod), then if you use a sata hdd you can set it up directly in windows using a pro called FatXplorer. Honestly so much simpler than all the messing about that used to be required. There is probably a guide around this site somewhere :)

Actually I don’t know much about XBOX system, I’m just learning, thanks for your information.:)

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2023 at 9:13 AM, nikeymikey said:

What he said. Softmodding is a pain in the ass. Hardmod, baby. :)

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, SylverReZ said:

In the near future, ConsoleMods has a great guide on setting up a TSOP mod. I honestly prefer modchips because they're easily upgradable and doesn't permanently damage the on-board TSOP if it gets damaged during flashing.

I feel exactly the same way. TSOP is good for mass modding consoles and saving 10 or 30 bucks,per console for sure, but I ALWAYS prefer a chip for reliability, redundancy, easy upgradeability, which is why I'm thinking of using yours for my console sales. It's a chip... But it's cheap? Perfect! Lol. But we'll see. I have be stuck with TSOP for a little while While I try to build some money to invest.

Just now, Bowlsnapper said:

I feel exactly the same way. TSOP is good for mass modding consoles and saving 10 or 30 bucks,per console for sure, but I ALWAYS prefer a chip for reliability, redundancy, easy upgradeability, which is why I'm thinking of using yours for my console sales. It's a chip... But it's cheap? Perfect! Lol. But we'll see. I have be stuck with TSOP for a little while While I try to build some money to invest.

I totally agree with you.

• Like 1