OGXbox.com

Games dissapeared from drive.

Oreos420

So when i got this console there were some games already on the drive and I could access and play them from the dashboard. Well when I updated to xbmc4gamers they were not being detected and i could not find their location on any partition.

The available space on all the drives has not changed at all so it makes me feel like they are still there somewhere. I went into dvd2xbox and found all the games there and it said they were located in drive F. But in any file explorer srive F was empty. I tried to launch the titlea from dvd2xbox but keeps bringing me back to my dashboard. Any thoughts?

39 minutes ago, Oreos420 said:

So when i got this console there were some games already on the drive and I could access and play them from the dashboard. Well when I updated to xbmc4gamers they were not being detected and i could not find their location on any partition.

The available space on all the drives has not changed at all so it makes me feel like they are still there somewhere. I went into dvd2xbox and found all the games there and it said they were located in drive F. But in any file explorer srive F was empty. I tried to launch the titlea from dvd2xbox but keeps bringing me back to my dashboard. Any thoughts?

xbmc4gamers is looking for games in E:games, F:games, G:games

If you move the games to one of those folders it should find them

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Did you change the BIOS you are booting the console with?

If the LBA48 setup of the new BIOS is different than the previous one, the content previously available will seem to disappear until you go back to the same LBA48 configuration. (DO NOT WRITE ANY DATA TO THE EXTENDED PARTITIONS - F or G - this can corrupt the old data).

Modified Xbox BIOSes' default LBA48 settings are:

• Use Standard Partition Table
  • Partition 6 Take Rest of the Drive
  • Partition 6 Takes up to 137GB / Partition 7 Takes Rest
  • F takes up to 137GB / No Partition 7

The 137GB point was the maximum size of hard drives (LBA28) before the advent of LBA48. 

Original Xbox BIOSes supported hard drives up to the maximum size supported by LBA28 (137GBs).  When LBA48 was released to maintain compatibility, the F partition's size was limited.  However, as hard drives increased in size more and more, the maximum size many used for F (partition6) also increased beyond the 123GB maximum size for it with the 137GB break point of LBA28.

14 hours ago, Oreos420 said:

I would if i could locate them in the directories. I think i just want to reformat and start fresh anyway.

In xbmc4gamers press the black button then look for file manager using that program you can move the games to the correct folders

On one of the fully loaded drive I have here the games have been put in folders in alphabetical order (F:Games/ABC/, F:Games/DEF/) and I have seen one where the games are in folders called Xbox Games (F:XboxGames/,G :XboxGames/ )

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Thanks 1