OGXbox.com

OgXBoX With 360 Wireless Board

Maladin

I lost a battle today ... kind of 😎

As said in another topic, I'd like to play with that as well.
So I bought a "defective" fat 360 for 5€. Full package, including original packaging, documentation, PSU, ethernet cable, composite/component cable ... which was a nice bonus, as the original ad showed only the XBox 360 itself. It was sold as dead...

only that it wasn't. The previous owner talked about RROD, but when I turned it on, it simply worked ... but after some time started to increase the fan speed, so clearly ventilation problems. Today I opened it up, cleaned it thoroughly and put it back together, then put it through the paces a bit - no more excessive fan noise, no problems at all (except for the DVD drive belt, which obviously needs some care). Monday, I'll let it run for some hours, just to be sure, but it looks like removing 10 spoonfuls of dust was all it needed.

So now I have another working XBox 360 and still no wireless board to play with 🙂

• Haha 1

I do plan on making an Xbox slim and wanted to use the eject button as a sync button. I'm still having some issues with the controller syncing. I have to disconnect a couple time to get it to work but I have modified the code to work with an esp8266. I'm ordering and Arduino micro to test it with.

2 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

You would still need a place to fit the sync button (or do it wit a reed contact and a magnet hidden in the pad) but i kinda like the idea. :)

I used one of this type of switch a couple of years ago for a hidden immobilizer.

You just had to know where to touch on the dash to enable the fuel pump.

1575481301_s-l500(1).png.5fda1c3690f5e42b1d3281d5f8f7c10e.png

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 4 weeks later...