Today’s pick up. Was willing to spend some money on myself so I picked up a clean, virgin and working halo edition Xbox with extras. If anyone knows anything about those 2 halo copies looking like mirror reflections please let me know. Thought it was odd. Gonna have a cold one now and game out for the rest of the night 🤘🏼🤘🏼😎

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by LukeyMFE

2 hours ago, LukeyMFE said:

Today’s pick up. Was willing to spend some money on myself so I picked up a clean, virgin and working halo edition Xbox with extras. If anyone knows anything about those 2 halo copies looking like mirror reflections please let me know. Thought it was odd. Gonna have a cold one now and game out for the rest of the night 🤘🏼🤘🏼😎

go ahead and get rid of your clock cap. 

1 hour ago, bulkchart32 said:

go ahead and get rid of your clock cap. So I removed the clock capacitor from the motherboard of my first Xbox because it was pretty much ruined and I wanted to get the practice but considering this Xbox is special edition and it’s never been opened I am nervous to do this myself as I am still fairly new at this

If you heat the stickers you can carefully lift them and then open the Xbox remove the cap and reseal it.

Practice on some old Xbox seals 1st .

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LukeyMFE said:
5 hours ago, bulkchart32 said:

go ahead and get rid of your clock cap. So I removed the clock capacitor from the motherboard of my first Xbox because it was pretty much ruined and I wanted to get the practice but considering this Xbox is special edition and it’s never been opened I am nervous to do this myself as I am still fairly new at this

dave is correct about the stickers. i have moved the stickers to another case using this method. definitely practice on some other cases though. there's also not alot that is easy to mess up inside the xbox. just be careful not to over tighten screws during reassembly. also, make certain that u are removing the correct capacitor. if the xbox can still retain it's clock setting for a little while after u unplug the xbox, then the cap is still good and unlikely to be leaking. if this is the case, then u can leave it in their a little longer. if the clock immediately resets after u unplug the xbox then that cap is bad and needs to be removed asap.

Edited by bulkchart32

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By enter name here
      hi all new here and new to thee xbox modding, i have a tosp modded og xbox i wont to check the heath of my drive as ive noiced sum saves are not loading i have a 500GB segate sata drive in it i wont to make sure the drive is ok and it's not just a curuped file ?
    • By tjd2
      So i tried to upgrade my 1.1 xbox to 128mb.
      I installed the first chip successfully and xblastOS flashed to TSOP said "Success". Then i attempted to install second chip on bottom side, but xbox started fragging. I fixed up some shorts i found, but it still fragged. Then i measured according to datasheet, that power to RAM is shorted to ground. The shorted pins most likely were: 66 and 65. However it's possible, that i used the chip pinout wrongly and i measured short between VDD and VDDQ, which should be fine.
      Even after fixing the shorts, it still fragged. After (destructively, but fortunately without ripping any trace) removing the both installed chips, it still does very weird frag. Basically the LED lights up only for short while and then turns off. Xbox's fan runs for a while and then it reboots. This gets repeated indefinitely, but rarely you get normal FRAG and xbox stays on. I measured 2.65V going to the VDDQ pin and the RAM power rail or any of the main power rails are NOT shorted now.
      ANyone knows if i can fix it? All my other xboxes are either fragging (i have 1.0 i got fragging, but it might be TSOP issue as there are no signs of tracerot, no leaking caps and apparently TSOP might naturally degrade now, so i ordered modchip and will try to install it) or they are 1.6, which suck
      Here is reference image how i installed one of the chips, that worked well (the first one). I guess it was pretty good: Please login or register to see this link. . The residue is either flux or denaturated ethanol i used to clean it up.
      VIDEO: 

• By Wingman
      Hello everyone, my name is Vitalij and I am from latvia ! 
      I have two xbox v1.1 and v1.6  in 1.1 dump of something (red-green light), but fully working power supply and 1.6 working, but the mosfet burned out in the power supply.
      Is it possible to make a 1.1 to 1.6 PSU, can there be a complete manual or something? I found a guide showing how to make from 1.1 to 1.2-1.5, but as I understand it, this does not work for me.
      Could you please help with this?
      Please login or register to see this code. Please login or register to see this attachment.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.