OGXbox.com

Error 12 and Error 08 Help!

1HGEJ8

I stored my xbox in a closet for several months and when I tried to play it again it first showed me error code 08, then I opened it up and moved a few things around and when I tried it again it showed up as error code 12. It seems to switch back and forth from one to the other, I’m not sure if it’s the disc drive that’s bad, the hdd or the cable that connects to both. It worked fine before. I can hear the disc drive read discs when I put one in and the hdd working.

16 hours ago, 1HGEJ8 said:

I stored my xbox in a closet for several months and when I tried to play it again it first showed me error code 08, then I opened it up and moved a few things around and when I tried it again it showed up as error code 12. It seems to switch back and forth from one to the other, I’m not sure if it’s the disc drive that’s bad, the hdd or the cable that connects to both. It worked fine before. I can hear the disc drive read discs when I put one in and the hdd working.

Try booting with a retail disk in the dvd drive. It should play even if the hdd is corrupted.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Kevin G.
      Hey guys, new member...but not new to the scene. I have been a member over at XBMC4XBOX for years. I initially modded this box in 2010/2011-ish. I had run XBMC on it for my daughter for a number of years, with the help of the fine folks over at X4X, have updated it several times...added some SNES ROMS and had quite a bit of fun messing around with it and the scene. As it got to be a little longer in the tooth for HD streaming, and several devices that are smaller and much more powerful that can do much more, I packed it away.
      My son is now 15, and loves all things gaming. I would like to get this back up and running with more ROMS that he and his friends can enjoy. Several months ago, I updated the dash with Rocky5 1.17 disc, but could never get anything to boot off of it. I only got Rocky5's gray dash, and the downloader working. XBMC would boot to a red error screen, and XBMC Emustation/XBMC4Gamers would not do anything...no matter how much I tried. I posted over at XBMC4XBOX several times to get some help, but really received no answers. In the last few weeks I have found this site, and have been reading as much as I can.
      I got the box out today, and had forgotten that in a fit of desperation, I tried HEXEN 2018 to try to wipe the mod and start over. It still had UnleashX as the main dash, and booted right up to it. XBMC 3.5 was still in the E: folder, but still booted to the red printed error screen. When I tried to switch to it as a dashboard I couldn't get UnleashX back. I put HEXEN back in and ran through some tools and kept getting more errors. Just dug Rocky5 out again, and ran through the softmod updater. 
      It is a stock (other than the softmod) 1.4 that I believe was warranty repaired by Microsoft at one time. I purchased it from a friend at work, and it had previously been opened up, but no mods had been done. Booted fine to stock dash with all his game saves. I had done the original mod with the Replay card and 007 with Krayzie's, I believe. It worked great, and I was constantly reading and messing with updates and dashboard appearance for it when it was in my daughter's room.
      I would really like to clean this thing up. Rocky5 is now updated, and I installed the XBMC4Gamers, and booted to the dash...it worked! Now that I am a little more encouraged, I want to get this as clean as possible before adding ROMS, etc...
      I feel all of my attempts have left junk behind, and I want it gone...Is there a utility or anything that will get my softmod to a point that it has only what it needs to run? Then I can begin again. Like a "fresh install" or "refresh"? I have old XBMC builds, and who knows what else cluttering up the disk. Or possibly a folder structure diagram that I can follow, and clean up manually? I had incorrectly assumed that the softmod updater or HEXEN would wipe everything for me, but that was not the case. I've poured through both discs and have not seen anything like this in any menus.

Thanks in advance...love the site
      Kevin
    • By ChThC1991
      After 10 years of brake I bought 2 Xbox
      So like in the title  
      One I bought already chip moded Xbox  Xecutor2 3b pro  and Avalaunch 
      when I turn off chip I don’t know why I’m was extra softmoded  Xbox 
      when I was trying change size of the partition by mistake I formatted hard drive ( I have back up eproom) 
      first he show me error 16
      I was using second softmoded Xbox and chimp program to fix error 16 
      in unlock disk with original eproom 
      copy all partition c 
      and later lock the hardrive 
      now I have error 21 and I was trying everything and can fix this ;(  it’s any change to fix this Xbox 
      he don’t wanna boot Hexen was trying 2018 and 2019 

• By R1CKSO
      Hello guys,
      This is my first post on this great forum, lots of info and input is amazing! The reason of this probably repeated post is that I want to upgrade my HDD to a 1TB or 2TB HDD (what's the max capacity I can go with my motherboard?), I watched lots of tutorials and seems the way to go is using OGXBox (downloaded and burned version 1.5.3 to a DVD, also have TruHeXEn 2021 on another DVD disc if needed) my questions are mostly regarding how to proceed now, I got this console from a very good friend some 15 years ago, and it was modded as it alwas played back up DVD's, I opened the console to look if there was any physical chip or mod to the board but couldn't find any or I'm too dumb to detect it, seems like it is only soft modded? Current BIOS and Dash versions are attached in pics along with more pics of the motherboard so I don't know if you guys can see any mods performed to it. I already purchased the SATA to IDE adapter and performed the 80 way/40 pin IDE cable conversion and everything seems to be working after that I was able to play my backup DVDs  and play from the original HDD as well, so basically which route do I follow now? because I don't want to perform something that might brick the console by interfering with the already installed mod, also is there any specific model of 3.5" SATA HDD I need to choose?, I know there's like a list of working/locked HDD so do I need to consider that when purchasing my new HDD? I was plannig to get a WD blue or Seagate Barracuda.

Thank you very much for all your help guys!

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.