prtscn

Failed Tsop

Console won't turn on, only blink green few times. CD drive won't open, nothing. tried to flash x3 1MB bios to 1.0 motherboard. I had previously flashed 256kB, 512kB.

Any directions?

4 minutes ago, Acidmank said:

Might need to install a mod chip if its not booting

not the point. I don't understand why it's not booting, i flashed appropriate bios. Tsop worked perfect with previous bios.

Sound like a job for a Xblast lite chip to reflash the TSOP..

You could try the 3 wire trick.

3wire.png.d96674a208c1ae08f2cbef705874515e.png

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

49 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Sound like a job for a Xblast lite chip to reflash the TSOP..

You could try the 3 wire trick.

Please login or register to see this link.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

i flashed full 1MB bios, won't work :(.

6 hours ago, prtscn said:

Possibly.  Here's bennydiamond's writeup on how he thinks the TSOP_M7.bin flash recovery works:

As long as the 2BL portion of the X3 BIOS loads like the stock or most modified BIOSes, this recovery with the XBlast Lite booting this special recovery BIOS and A15 connected from the XBlast Lite to the Xbox motherboard's A15 point may just work to allow reflashing the TSOP.   

Note: I have not tested this operation to know if it will or will not work.

9 hours ago, prtscn said:

You have nothing to lose but your time by trying.

Cheers

SS Dave

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Abittencookie
      From what I can tell I butchered my r7d3 pad on the top of the 1.0 board. The bottom pad I did fine but I'm looking for the alternative now. I was looking at the pictures but just can't tell where to place the jumper now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I linked a picture where I think I can and a picture of the board .Thanks !! 
      From what I can tell I butchet d my r7d3 pad on the top of the 1.0 board. The bottom pad I did fine but I'm looking for the alternative now. I was looking at the pictures but just can't tell where to place the jumper now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !! 
    • By titchgamer
      Just a theoretical pondering as I could not find any info on it.
      I know you can null a HDD key on a soft mod’d xbox so I was wondering if it was possible to null and lock a hdd using a tsopd xbox then transfer it into the soft mod’d xbox?
      Cheers
    • By CrispyWhispy
      This is a guide for anyone out there who may have an old mod chipped system and decides they want to Flash the TSOP and get rid of the mod chip.
      For Xbox revisions 1.0 to 1.5 only.

I've had my v1.1 Xbox since almost launch (in Australia) the box has served me well for over 17 years. Had it modded by a guy we found in the newspaper.
      Just some small maintenance along the journey - refurbish the DVD drive (Samsung), fix trace corrosion and remove the clock capacitor.
      Now it was time to say goodbye to the Aladdin Advance.

This may not be the quickest way, but I think it would be one of the safest.
      Full backup of all partitions on my PC
      Backup of EEPROM (Through Evox Dash) - Send to PC
      Backup of HDD EEPROM through Config Magic(different to the Evox Backup?) - Send to PC
      Locked the HDD to the Xbox via ConfigMagic or Evox Dash etc
      Softmodded with Slayers 3.3 - C drive no virtual
      Removed Aladdin Advance mod chip - mine was soldered directly to MB so be careful when removing. I accidently broke off the C702 component and had to solder back on.
      Soldered the correct TSOP write points for my Xbox revision  - For Reference Please login or register to see this link.  
      Checked BIOS with Bios checker on AutoInstallerDeluxe 4.5.3
      TSOP confirmed writable. It will say 'TSOP?' up the top of the screen
      Ran TruHexen 2020, flash bios the correct BIOS to TSOP depending on revision - v1.0 & v1.1 can support up to 1MB Bios, v1.2-v1.5 can support 256KB Bios - M8 Plus.67 is safest
      Ran option 3.5.2 on TruHexen2020 - clean C after TSOP - To remove Softmod
      Reformatted F and G drives with XBpartioner 1.3 - ensuring they show the full and correct amount in File Explorer/Your dash of choice
      Delete contents of C and E partitions via FTP, and FTP over original C and E contents, reboot the Xbox
      FTP all F and G data back to the Xbox.
      For a video of the TSOP solder and flash process - Please login or register to see this link.
      Hopefully this will help someone in the future.
      Thanks

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.