prtscn

Rescuing Xecuter 3 Chip

i have dead xecuter 3 chip and i was thinking to hotswap xenium chip with dead flash xecuter 3 and try to flash it? Possible?

2 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Dead?  How so?

Have I tried to help you get it working before

i got it like that. Chip works, changes modes, but there is no bios on board, not even backup.

5 hours ago, prtscn said:

i got it like that. Chip works, changes modes, but there is no bios on board, not even backup.

You could try using the xenium to load flashbios and then do the hotswap. What version Xbox are you planning to use?

One way to get a BIOS onto the chip, not the easiest, unsolder the backup 256KB flash memory chip from the modchip, flash it with the FlashBIOS 3.0.3.bin file with an external flash programmer, then finally resolder it to the modchip.

Where do i get the biggest idiot award? Because i hotswap modchip the wrong side, and it's finito. But i fixed my og alladin chip when it froze during flashing by hotswapping.

Well this method works. :)

Just double check how chip connects.

On 9/3/2020 at 11:16 PM, prtscn said:

Where do i get the biggest idiot award? Because i hotswap modchip the wrong side, and it's finito. But i fixed my og alladin chip when it froze during flashing by hotswapping.

Well this method works. :)

Just double check how chip connects.

On 9/2/2020 at 1:40 AM, KaosEngineer said:

One way to get a BIOS onto the chip, not the easiest, unsolder the backup 256KB flash memory chip from the modchip, flash it with the FlashBIOS 3.0.3.bin file with an external flash programmer, then finally resolder it to the modchip.

Could you tell me wich kind of flash memory is it? (brand/model)

@Xbox Nutjob with that reference can't read it... I did check continuity between the flash pin and the programer(inserted ind the adapter/programer) and is ok. Maybe different revision with a differen flash memory? bad chip?

spacer.png

There are two flash devices on the X3 modchip - the backup flash device which is to contain FlashBIOS 3.0.1 or 3.0.3 - the backup BIOS (256KB in size). There's also a 2MByte - 16-Mbit flash memory chip that hold the BIOSes that are flashed to the various banks of the X3 modchip.

This flash memory chip, at least on the purple colored X3 modchip, is an AM29F016D-70.

Well, I did program it with flashbios v303 by selecting am29f002nb and dissabling the id check, but soldering-desoldering is delicate... want to be sure before soldering it again on the chip