Crossfader

Say Hello To the XBox Classic

Hello OGX Users,

i am am an old Xbox Classic User. I am from Germany, i have a passion for Xbox gaming and Software modding.

I play around with some Raspberrys and Betocera, Nintendo Switch and Retroarch.

These days i found a Post with Rocky5`s Emustation and the Xbox Fever is back 🙂

Hope to have good Days in this Forum.

Hello Crossfader

Welcome to ogxbox.com

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By farrdeamer
      OK... Long story - have a older Xbox (pre 1.6, mf 2002) which years and years ago I installed an Xecutor 2 and unlocked the drive, installed new dash etc.
      Unfortunately after removing the clock cap, I played one game and the HDD developed a hard fault. Bought a new SATA drive for it (and adapter), found Hexen 2018 and used it to remake the OS. Booted fine, but couldn't see the larger drive (0bytes shown free). 

Ah! thought I, maybe I need to flash the XEcutor 2 with a new BIOS to let it see a larger drive.
      Out comes the Hexen disc again, and I used option 3 (flash), chose an 1.1-1.5 BIOS 256k and pressed to update.
      After completing, it shut down... and won't startup!
      I guess I wrote an incompatible BIOS (or it wrote it to the machine).
      Any ideas how I can breathe life back into the machine? 

Tried booting - after it tries to boot 3 times I get red/green flashing.
      Tried unplugging the XEcutor from the board, I get a red ring of death (red flashing).
      Tried unplugging the drive and plugging other drives in (it was unlocked).
      I believe there is a copy of the flash on the HDD (but I can't read it!).
      During my initial recovery, I have a copy of XBINS site, so I have all the tools on there (just that it is nearly 20 years since I used any of the tools and setup an XBOX!)....

Thanks for any help...

• By GoTeamScotch
      I recently acquired a Development Kit (DVT4) and decided to take some high-quality photos of the daughter boards from this console. They're pretty rare and obscure and I wanted to take some good photos for preservation's sake. I'm going to get a Raptor PCI card soon, so I'll add photos of that too later.

More info-
      These boards were in development kits and consisted of two parts:
      DVD emulation board. When paired with a Please login or register to see this link. installed into a computer, it allows a developer to master a game disc before sending a final copy to Microsoft for review, and later into production. This allowed them to test loading scenarios and figure out where certain files for the game should be physically located on a disc in order to reduce load times. When loading a level for a game, for example, all the files needed for that level could be grouped together on the disc to reduce the amount of skipping around the laser needed to do, which decreases load times. There is also a USB port on this card. While it uses a USB connector, it's actually a JVS port. This was used for hooking up arcade sticks and special components built for Please login or register to see this link. , which is based on the Xbox's motherboard. Serial debugging port This allows a developer to get debugging information from the Xbox to see how their code is behaving on real hardware. When writing software, it's useful to see technical info about when and how a bug happens in order to fix it. This board connects to a PC's serial port to read diagnostic info from the console in real time. More info: Please login or register to see this link.

Photos taken with a Canon 5D Mark iii, touched up in Lightroom.
      Link to photo album (includes high-res copies of the photos below): Please login or register to see this link.

• By Maladin
      Any of you consider it? I have a few Xboxes to play with and I'm really thinking of making one.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.