OGXbox.com

Back To Modding

H3is3nb3rg

13 hours ago, kaurloto said:

Sweet paint job h3is I'm jealous, how did you paint it? Taped it off and dumped a spray can? Talk about precision in those grooves man!

I never had any luck using FileZilla, WinSCP worked out better for me.

XBPartitioner has a help menu if you pres the Back button to show all the commands. If you just press A it will cycle through a few of the typical partitioning options, but like Dave said you'll need to split your drive space between F and G to keep each partition under 1TB.

From their man pages, here's the partition letter breakdown:

1 (E): Game save directory; also used as the default app install location.
2 (C): Operating system directory, do not modify anything here unless you know what you are doing.
3 (X): Cache drive. It is OK to format this.
4 (Y): Cache drive. It is OK to format this.
5 (Z): Cache drive. It is OK to format this.
6 (F): is an extra storage directory.
7 (G): is an extra storage directory, generally used if your HDD is bigger than 137GB.
8-14 (H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O): are memory cards or USB devices.

It is recommended to split the extra hard drive space evenly between the F and G drive to avoid potential file/folder limits of the filesystem.
Ensure that the top right corner says "Write & Format"; if not, press Y until it has this option selected.
Use 64KB clusters for a 500GB-1TB partition

Thank you! As far as the paint I used painters tape and Krylon Fusion spray paint. Gave it about 3-4 coats and called it good.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, H3is3nb3rg said:

I did a 50/50 split and I believe it worked. I installed the xbmc4gamers and now not sure how to make that startup from power on.

If you want to make xbmc4gamers your default dash you will need to use xbe shortcut maker to make a replacement evoxdash.xbe to put in the C partition. Use xbe shortcut maker to point to the folder where xbmc4gamers default.xbe is. Then create the .xbe file and replace the original evoxdash.xbe with it. When you boot up the Xbox will then use the xbmc4gamers default.xbe. 
https://www.reddit.com/r/originalxbox/wiki/xbe_shortcut_maker?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

If you used the IND 5004 or the X2 5035 bios edit the config file to set dash 1 to the drive and folder you want as a default dash

Eg 

for the X2 5035 bios "x2config.ini" file

dash1Name = e:\xbmc\default.xbe

and for the ind bios edit the "ind-bios.cfg" file

DASH1=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\xbmc\Default.xbe

That if the XBMC4Gamers is in the folder xbmc and on drive E

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

2 hours ago, H3is3nb3rg said:

Making baby steps here,  I have got the F and G at a 64kb cluster but now when I look in G on filezilla I see this. Any ideas? xbpartitioner shows 64kb next to F and G and I format and wrote the table.

G issue.PNG

Reformat the f and g partition, you may have some dodgy sectors but hopefully reformatting will sort it.

• Like 1

I 'think" the last question I have is about xbmc4gamers. I cannot seem to get this to load correctly. I have made a new login user and try to login with it but never goes anywhere. Just seems to spin in the upper left corner. Any good tutorials on this software? I have been looking all over the place.

Thanks again all for the help

10 minutes ago, H3is3nb3rg said:

I 'think" the last question I have is about xbmc4gamers. I cannot seem to get this to load correctly. I have made a new login user and try to login with it but never goes anywhere. Just seems to spin in the upper left corner. Any good tutorials on this software? I have been looking all over the place.

Thanks again all for the help

Checkout Rocky5’s YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/c/JCRocky5
Did you download the prebuilt or build it yourself version?

I would remove it and try a clean install, do you have it in the app folder on your E partition?

1 hour ago, H3is3nb3rg said:

I have I believe the newest pre-built xbmc4gamers installed and made a profile, I click my profile and tried to load it but all that happens is the 3 dots cycle through and never loads the profile.

Did you manage to log out when you finished building the profile?

10 minutes ago, H3is3nb3rg said:

In xbpartitioner I had er on F and G so I selected format with 64kb, I did this s few times to make sure it cleared. Then I formated and wrote tables

Just to see what happens create a folder on G: drive called Games.

I may be looking for files.

I also noticed in you directory list there is no Q: drive that XBMC4Gamers creates .

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.