Placing a Non Modded XBox's Hard Drive In a Hard Modded XBox.

My original xbox died 10 years ago and the drive has been sitting on the shelf ever since. I recently installed an Aladdin XT Plus2 chip in a 1.6 Xbox and I have hexen19 burned onto a DVD. How Do I replace the stock drive with the drive from my old u modded xbox?

The reason I want to use the old drive is that I want to transfer my save files off of it then place a new drive in the xbox, if this isn't possible, is there another way to transfer my files off the old drive. 

The drive is a Seagate not a WD. 

Edited by Life_model_decoy
Added information

If the old Xbox hard drive was locked to the old main board it won't work but it's not going to damage anything by trying it.

If you get error 6 then it's locked to the old Xbox and it's near impossible to unlock it..

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

On 7/8/2020 at 1:10 AM, SS_Dave said:

If the old Xbox hard drive was locked to the old main board it won't work but it's not going to damage anything by trying it.

If you get error 6 then it's locked to the old Xbox and it's near impossible to unlock it..

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

couldn't he use a tsop extractor?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By ieblj01
      I seem to have a lot of issues with my data files on my G partition.  Any emulators, games, media, etc., on the F partition work flawlessly.  I can copy the same files over to my G partition and it is very hit and miss on whether things will function properly.  There are also times when I can have everything working on G, then copy over some files (FTP or FATxplorer) and suddenly, things go wonky even with files that I never touched.
      My HDD is a Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB.  So my G partition is quite large (803GB).  My F partition is only 120GB.  I used AID to prepare/format the drive.
      My BIOS is the EVOX m8+ CEE FG w/no DVD off the OGXBOX installer 1.5.3 disc.
      Is it possible that I am using a BIOS that doesn't handle that large G partition very well?  Should I be using a different BIOS perhaps?
      It is very frustrating to work on making a HDD and getting the xbox all set up and then suddenly my files are corrupt for no apparently reason when they work just fine on F.
      Any insight here is greatly appreciated.
    • By hands_groober
      Hi again
      Following up on my previous post about mt ram upgrade. Ive ran into another issue.
      I have installed a 1tb HDD. Prior to upgrading my ram I had already formated the with F partition taking 120gb and G partition taking the rest of the space. I have filled F partition with xbox games which has taken quite some time. Ive now realised that IND-BIOS 5003.67 will not read G partition.
      M8 bios will read the G partition but then i wont be able to take advantage of my extra ram. From what Ive read it is to do with how my G patition table is written. If this is the issue, is there any way I re-write the partition table without disturbing the data?

• By Tingle64
      Hello OG Xbox forums, I've worked myself into a pickle again.
      The short version:
      I need to get a file off of an HDD that throws an error 16 (won't boot, Corrupted dash) but still works. Can I get it off using a second Xbox and a file manager, or do I need to buy an adapter and use Xpolorer 360 to get it off?

The long Version: 
      While preparing to TSOP flash my Xbox, I was copying saves over from the had drive onto a memory card for safe keeping. However when that didn't work with the UnleashX dash I tried to switch over to the default dash. This corrupted the files and now the Xbox throws an error 16 whenever it tries to boot from the HDD. Since it is an error 16 I can't boot from disc since the Xbox preforms the time check before it checks the DVD drive, and since the Xbox was only softmoded I can't just format a new drive and throw it in. From what I've found online I can use CHIMP and my working TSOP'd Xbox to recover the dash files on this second one, however I need the EEPROM.bin file. Can I get it off using a file manager that can detect both drives using the working TSOP'd Xbox, can CHIMP find the EPROM.bin file on the slave HDD and recover from that, or do I need to purchase an IDE adapter to connect my Drive to a PC via XPLORER 360 and then transfer it over to the XBOX?  
      Thanks. 

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.