Placing a Non Modded XBox's Hard Drive In a Hard Modded XBox.

My original xbox died 10 years ago and the drive has been sitting on the shelf ever since. I recently installed an Aladdin XT Plus2 chip in a 1.6 Xbox and I have hexen19 burned onto a DVD. How Do I replace the stock drive with the drive from my old u modded xbox?

The reason I want to use the old drive is that I want to transfer my save files off of it then place a new drive in the xbox, if this isn't possible, is there another way to transfer my files off the old drive. 

The drive is a Seagate not a WD. 

Edited by Life_model_decoy
Added information

If the old Xbox hard drive was locked to the old main board it won't work but it's not going to damage anything by trying it.

If you get error 6 then it's locked to the old Xbox and it's near impossible to unlock it..

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

On 7/8/2020 at 1:10 AM, SS_Dave said:

If the old Xbox hard drive was locked to the old main board it won't work but it's not going to damage anything by trying it.

If you get error 6 then it's locked to the old Xbox and it's near impossible to unlock it..

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

couldn't he use a tsop extractor?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By stoo
      Got a 1.6 crystal in pretty great condition here with one serious problem - DVD drive (SDG-605) is dead, error 12.
      Tried swapping a known working DVD drive in and using exactly the same power+IDE cable+HDD it successfully boots to dash so it's definitely the SDG-605 causing the error.
      If anyone has any working DVD drives they are willing to part with, especially if they're in the UK, that would be great.
      Otherwise, it's going to be the eBay lottery, and I'm not feeling lucky. 🦖
    • By cuacs
      Hello there, I recently decided to give a second chance to my old Xbox, my parents bought it to me back in 2004 when I was 12 years old. it is a v1.0 and always has booted EvoX, even to this day, the problem is that I can't find any modchip or TSOP. Maybe it's my lack of expertise but I thought that EvoX only boot in a hardmoded machine, so where it is? And if there is no chip, how can it boot EvoX?
      I've already removed and cleaned the clock capacitor leak, no visible corrosion.

• By Oreos420
      I am quite familiar with using fatxplorer for xbox 360. But i cant seem to get the og xbox partitions to show up in fatxplorer.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.