OGXbox Admin

How To Install an Aladdin XT Plus 2 Modchip in a 1.6 Xbox

Just now, barnito said:

I sell them for 20 shipped in the USA, programmed and flashed with 1.6 M8+ and X2 5035

How much are we talking to get a couple shipped to Ireland? 4 of them perhaps? Also what is the advantage of them over the regular Aladdin apart from not having to cut the l-frame trace?

Just now, Cian Cunningham said:

How much are we talking to get a couple shipped to Ireland? 4 of them perhaps? Also what is the advantage of them over the regular Aladdin apart from not having to cut the l-frame trace?

I just followed this to a t. Everything looks great, however getting FRAG.  Now, I'm just connecting all the components and trying to start up without being in the case. Should this still work? Or is it possible that not being in the case means it's not grounded properly?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2017 at 3:38 PM, MrMajst3r said:

I always remove 6th pin of the pinheader for 1.6 Xboxes. They have 5V active in standby. If you leave this pin, Aladdin's LED will light all the time when console is plugged in. I think it's annoying. 

I also never ground D0, it's better to solder it to modchip's D0 point. When modchip fails, with grounded D0 console will FRAG, whereas with D0 soldered to modchip, console will boot from motherboard's bios.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

This is exactly why im here.
Man, these little tidbits go a mile. I wasnt comfortable with that being lit either, i mean its fine... its a tiny LED. but WHY does it need to glow red at night. Thanks for that. Very cool.

I cut my L-trace and did not ground D0

works great

Hi...i 've never noticed this on the Aladdin xt installs I've done, but I keep my systems in a switched PSU so there's not constant power.Just some obvious 1.6 install checks, you've performed the lpc rebuild right?You've bridged the points on the chip with BT?Did you cut the trace in the diagram for 1.6 compatibility?