Sign in to follow this  
corona2222

Hi Introduction

Hello from Australia ✋

I recently bought an xbox original to play one of the games I made 20 yeas ago (programmer), I used dev and debug kits, but never owned the original retail xbox.  

I'm getting up to speed...discovered I have a v1.0 board, the timer cap appears to be previously replaced and leaked for a second time. I've now replaced the cap with 22uf to keep time for a few days - cleaned the cap leakage with IPA (for anyone in AU SupercheapAuto sell 100% Iso alcohol)

I'm currently trying to improve visual quality

Welcome to ogxbox.com

The eBay component cables have shit shielding and most of them shield the Red,Green,,Blue in one shield and the Left,Right in a different shield compared to the Xbox 360 cable that shields each signal separately.

I personally use a HDMI internal kit from N64 Freak and have also fitted the wii2hdmi internal kits with good results.

Where in Aus are you?  ACT here.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

thanks for the welcome and information. 

I updated the other thread but in short...agreed, those cheap cables are only good for salvaging AV connectors, I made a component cable which partly fixed the problem but I'm thinking noisy capacitors too

I've got an wii2hdmi coming in the post, smart option these days.

cool I was in ACT until march, that would have been handy, i'm now in Sydney

Welcome I am also a newbie. I wish I knew the brand of Component I got. But it has a ps2 connector on it as well and I have never had any issues with it. Got like gold plated tips on the  rca ends and everything. 

15 hours ago, corona2222 said:

thanks for the welcome and information. 

I updated the other thread but in short...agreed, those cheap cables are only good for salvaging AV connectors, I made a component cable which partly fixed the problem but I'm thinking noisy capacitors too

I've got an wii2hdmi coming in the post, smart option these days.

cool I was in ACT until march, that would have been handy, i'm now in Sydney

If you can use component, use component.

Transcoding signal is lame, specially with cheaply designed products. And no one knows if it outputs 16-235 or 0-255 color range, which is very important.

Salvage AV plug, buy 360 component cable - profit. :D

I am currently using a set of component cables, but I've heard great things about this Please login or register to see this link.  for those who don't want to go the internal HDMI mod route.  The adapter seems to be in short supply as of late, but it is typically restocked on Sunday mornings.