OGXbox.com

Jet Set Radio Future Fix

adrianor1324

´hello guys, nice to meet you all, i recently got a modded xbox and i got coinops8 running on it, i played some good ol banjo kazooie before moving onto the main game i bought the system for, jet set radio, after ftping everything it just boots up into the sega logo and freezes, any help would be appreciated as i am a complete noob in this, i deleted the stuff in the x y and z partition and it semed to advance maybe a second more before freezing again, any help? :)

I've tried ntsc and pal versions from my hdd and it does the same thing, I've tried many different dls and isos and it does the same thing, one thing I noticed is that if I mash during the startup the game will boot into the anti vandalism screen and freeze there

2 hours ago, Sceriffo said:

You have problems starting it from DVD of from HDD?

I have EU version, transferred it via FTP on the HDD and it works good without patching anything.

ok i f-ed up, now my xbmc wont even boot just get a black screen now

edit ok nevermind i got it working by updating xbmc however sad to say this wasnt quite it, it still does the same thing, any more ideas? :(((((((((

Edited by adrianor1324
i fixed the issue with xbmc but i still havent been able to fix the problem with the game

You actually have to run the script not just install it. :)

In your main XBMC menu (depends on the skin exactly where it is) but if it is Project Mayhem III, the typical default skin, underneath the main menu items alongside Settings on its left and File Manager to its right you should see Scripts. Click on it and it should list all installed Scripts. Find Rocky5's v1.6 480p Launcher and click to run it. It should show "Running" but there's usually a slight delay before it actually launches its options menu.

The operation is fairly self explanatory - it will auto-patch all games' folders from a list of those with the  v1.6 480p issue when it finds them installed on the HDD in "Games". A known working 480p launcher is installed to each game folder.

This varies as not all launchers work for all games and there are some games for which there is no known working 480p launcher.

The script tool also allows you to patch individual games manually so if you come across another game not included in the patch list you can try that instead.

Because the games' folders themselves are all patched individually to include the appropriate 480p launcher this means you can be using any other main dashboard ie. UnleashX and the game will  now run in 480p from that too.

A very useful little tool - so remember Rocky5 should be given the kudos for creating it. 

Edited by HDShadow

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's amazing but it wasn't quite the fix, I ran it as you said above and it did install everything even adding a little folder with the patch to the game directory however whenever I try to open it it still crashes the same way, I ran it under xbmc scripts and patched it but it still does the same thing and I can still mash A to get past a few screens but after a good 3 or 4 seconds it'll freeze, I doubt I installed and ran the script wrong as it did create new xbe files to use instead of the original xbe file so I'm sure I did use the script correctly unless I have to put the patch folder the script created somewhere else inside the game folder (I haven't moved it or anything, it's just like the script made it) no artifacts appear on screen or anything either it just literally freezes, any more help? :(

4 hours ago, HDShadow said:

You actually have to run the script not just install it. :)

In your main XBMC menu (depends on the skin exactly where it is) but if it is Project Mayhem III, the typical default skin, underneath the main menu items alongside Settings on its left and File Manager to its right you should see Scripts. Click on it and it should list all installed Scripts. Find Rocky5's v1.6 480p Launcher and click to run it. It should show "Running" but there's usually a slight delay before it actually launches its options menu.

The operation is fairly self explanatory - it will auto-patch all games' folders from a list of those with the  v1.6 480p issue when it finds them installed on the HDD in "Games". A known working 480p launcher is installed to each game folder.

This varies as not all launchers work for all games and there are some games for which there is no known working 480p launcher.

The script tool also allows you to patch individual games manually so if you come across another game not included in the patch list you can try that instead.

Because the games' folders themselves are all patched individually to include the appropriate 480p launcher this means you can be using any other main dashboard ie. UnleashX and the game will  now run in 480p from that too.

A very useful little tool - so remember Rocky5 should be given the kudos for creating it. 

Edited by adrianor1324
Fixed some typos

Well if you are using a v1.6 and it is still being a problem getting it to run I'd guess you installed from a download rather than from the original disc contents.

Possible that it just requires Action Control List patching - even if installed to the HDD DVD2Xbox will ACL patch it. Launch DVD2Xbox (with full ACL patch files). Use File Manager and highlight the game folder. Press the White controller button and use the Process ACL menu option.

If that does not fix the problem: dodgy download or a problem during FTP perhaps?

i managed to get dvd2xbox running and did as you said however i noticed i only have around 8 or 9 acl files and i cant find a good link to them online,yes i did dl the game but the weird thing is ive downloaded around 6 different versions from 6 different places not literal game versions just diferent files yknow but i still cant get it to work :///