shaokhann

No Flash Bios?

Sorry, guys. I tried to flashare the bios of an xbox 1.0 with Hexen's dvd. I wanted to put the M8 F&G on but when I press Y nothing happens. I wanted to make a way n to remove the DVD control to be able to put double hd with switch, but nothing, does not erase me the old and does not make me flashare the new. I mount an Aladdin xt chip.

The version 1.0 needs a 1024kb(1meg) BIOS. If you want a M8 1meg BIOS I can sent you one.

SS Dave

Those that can Hard-Mod. Those that can't Soft-Mod.

• Thanks 1

Thank you, I'd appreciate it. I don't understand why he doesn't want to delete the old Bios and install the new one. My goal is to exclude the DVD to be able to insert a second hard drive, not touching anything, but just unplugging the yellow power cable of the dvd.

I dont think what you are planning is as simple as you expect. In fact im pretty sure of it, save yourself the bother and get a 2tb. Using 2 hdd's needs some form of switch to be wired in as the xbox will only ever recognize one at a time regardless of what bios you use.

Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment.

SS Dave

• Thanks 1

Hi Shaokhann

here is the same BIOS a 256k version for the Aladdin chip and a 1meg for the version 1.0/1.1 Xbox and I have included the MD5 hash in case you want it.

I Have tested the 256k version in a DouX2 chip.

I use XBlast to flash to the chip with out any problems and just in case you don't have it here is a copy.

Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment.

SS Dave

Thank you so much. I'll try it as soon as I can.
to have 2 hdd I read somewhere that just insert a bios hack that disables the boot dvd (flash m8 hexen 2019, ind bios, etc), and a switch to switch the primary power supply.
my interest is obviously to use only one hdd at a time.
Question: can I use XBlast flash even if I only have the aladdin xt chip?

33 minutes ago, shaokhann said:

Sorry again, but I'm a noob :P
where should I put the downloaded files?
then should I flashare ill bios via xblast?

The XBlast needs do be on the C drive of the modded Xbox. Use a FTP program to transfer to the Xbox.

The (Xblast OS.xbe) file in the root directory of C drive and the folder XBlast on the root of C drive.

Then Make a folder on the C drive called bios

Now copy the BIOS files I sent to you to that folder (c:\bios).

If you are flashing the Aladdin chip that you fitted use the 256kb file.

Boot the Xbox and open a file explorer app on the Xbox and look for XBlast in the C drive then  run that prg.

If your no sure of any thing don't change or do any thing with out asking 1st or you could make a door stop out of the Xbox (Stuff it big time in other words) it's better to ask stupid questions that stuff it we all had to start somewhere.

14 hours ago, shaokhann said:

. I mount an Aladdin xt chip.

I take it you have fitted a mod-chip ?

If your tiring to flash the onboard BIOS (TSOP) have you put the flash enable links on the board.?

Cheers

SS Dave

No all your files will be safe.

are you running the Aladdin chip or the onboard BIOS?

SS Dave

On 12/11/2019 at 1:18 PM, SS_Dave said:

Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment.

SS Dave

Where does one purchase the red PCB shown above?

Yes yes, the chip works well. When installing a new hdd I had put the bios m8-137fc via dvd xwizard 3.1. But now with both xwizard and hexen it freezes already at the beginning of the flash

On 12/14/2019 at 6:50 AM, KaosEngineer said:

Where does one purchase the red PCB shown above?

Contact Tony he is posting some pic's and saying he should have some for sale just in the new year.

Please login or register to see this link.

• Thanks 1