excaliburlives

Hdd Activity Light Not Blinking?

Hello, i'm trying to finish up this Millennium Falcon mod i'm working on. I soldered a wire to the #39 pin to the negative leg of my led and the other leg of my led to the 12v and the 5v wires on my molex connector and light comes on but never blinks. It just stays on constant  What am i doing wrong?

15 hours ago, excaliburlives said:

Hello, i'm trying to finish up this Millennium Falcon mod i'm working on. I soldered a wire to the #39 pin to the negative leg of my led and the other leg of my led to the 12v and the 5v wires on my molex connector and light comes on but never blinks. It just stays on constant  What am i doing wrong?

You would not connect the LED's anode to both the 12V and 5V lines. You'd be shorting the PSU's 12Vdc and 5V output levels.

Only 1, 5Vdc or 12Vdc, is needed and a properly sized current limiting resistor.

I didn’t have it plugged in at the same time. 1st the 5v and then the 12v, same results. I tried my 1tb Sata drive and when it didn’t blink I tried the stock ide drive. Still no flashing, just a steady light. Are you guys saying I should tap into the ide/sata adapter?

Edited by excaliburlives

Do you have a current limiting resistor in series with the LED?

LED
IDE connector       / /     
    pin 39 -------------|◄-------/\/\/\--------- +5Vdc
                             k     a    220 Ohm

k = LED cathode short lead / flat side of the lens casing
a = LED anode longer lead (more positive voltage side)