Sign in to follow this  
adam4435435

Modchip Install - Aladin XT 2 - Problems

Im having issues after installing the modchip.  The chip lights up, boots, then system turns off, it does this twice, then the red green flash.  No video input on screen.  With chip removed from pin header the system boots normally.

The DO wire was solidered to the mother board 6th pin on bottom and the chip is bridged to always be on. 

I did the exact same on a 1.0V Xbox and it works flawless.

Not sure why this wont work,

This xbox is made in china but i dont think its a 1.6 due to the date.  It has a newer philips drive and newer seagate HDD.

Please help!!!

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by adam4435435
spelling

8 minutes ago, M0RPH10U5 said:

Try soldering the d0 wire to the d0 test point on the bottom of the board and see if that helps.

He could but when it has 0 ohm's (dead Short) between the top and bottem point I can't see it making any differance.

MORPH10U5 is talking about the d0 point on the mod chip not the main pcb. Can you post a pic of the solder work for the 12pin header to pcb.?

I installed one of these the other day and I just connected d0 to ground instead of the chip. Works perfectly. Hell if you really wanna do it on the quick and easy, if you have thin enough wire you can poke it in the d0 hole and hot glue it in place and then put the other end of the wire into one of the motherboard screw holes and put a screw in. 

I know this works cos I did a temp install once doing exactly that. 

Also, it's hard to tell in the last pic cause it's kinda blurry, but is bt tied to the ground pad in the group of 3 pads that would have been used for contrast control if it was LCD compatible? If so, is there extra wire going past the ground? Cause to me it looks like wire might be going to the 5v pad above the ground pad, I'd make sure that it's not touching the 5v pad.

Hi adam4435435

You need to resolder the header pins add some flux and reheat each conection

IMG_1891.thumb.jpg.d9f54a1890f1353d6e515368cbffa451.jpg.f2d59fe0131241dd54cff49198ffa107.jpg

The top right and the 2nd  from the bottom amd the bottom right have to much solder