Sign in to follow this  
C64MidRezzie

Delete a Link To a Game Not On the Hard Drive From 'featured Games' In Origins Dashboard?

I bought a 500gb Xbox fully loaded with origins dashboard and games - one game (GTA San Andreas) appears on “featured games” but when I press A the console resets - how do I delete it from appearing in “Featured Games” - or could I add the game somehow as I have the disk?  Thanks

Is it a PAL console? There were known issues with the NTSC game being played from hdd. Is the game located anywhere else on your system? Does it show up under the Games menu?

If so have you tried running it from there? 

The solution back in the day involved changing settings in EVOX dash to make it work but as you are using Origins (which is XBMC i believe) those wont help you.

I have run this game and even modded versions of it from my hdd with no issues.

15 hours ago, C64MidRezzie said:

Yes - it’s a PAL console - I’ll check the drive tomorrow but the favorites folder is the only way to access it on the dashboard

the game isn't in your "games" tab?  it shouldnt be popping up in your featured area if it wasnt there, it needs the file structure to even pop up,

the game is probably in a directory such as F>games>GTA San Andreas

just FTP into your Xbox and delete the folder that contains the game, then it wont pop up anymore.

On 8/22/2019 at 3:47 PM, abazz009 said:

the game isn't in your "games" tab?  it shouldnt be popping up in your featured area if it wasnt there, it needs the file structure to even pop up,

the game is probably in a directory such as F>games>GTA San Andreas

just FTP into your Xbox and delete the folder that contains the game, then it wont pop up anymore.

Thanks - any reason why the game doesn't work?  Thanks

The game could be missing files or it could need the PAL fix that I believe was needed to play the NTSC game on a pal Xbox. 

I have the fix files I will upload them for you here.

1 hour ago, nikeymikey said:

The game could be missing files or it could need the PAL fix that I believe was needed to play the NTSC game on a pal Xbox. 

I have the fix files I will upload them for you here.

Please login or register to see this link.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Danthuyer
      So i'm pulling whats left of this old mans hair out trying to simply get a good old game of gran turismo working or resident evil ....BUT NO pcsxbox is being difficult
      I've downloaded many versions and tried loading all the different .bin versions into the bios but it simply wont run anything. The application simply hangs and doesnt load any .bin or .cue i try to play.
      Some experienced help would be appreciated - I have triev version 22 b25 and redux version 21 and they both do the same thing - allow me to select the files but then nothing happens
      Please login or register to see this attachment.
    • By SS_Dave
      A while ago I had a version 1.0 box fail to boot intermittently and every time I moved the hard disk it would come good.
      The drive is a WD 500 gig Pata/Ide drive.
      I closed the power connectors in the molex plug and swapped the 40 way cable still the same. As I had nothing to lose I removed the PCB thinking it had dry solder joints on the power and 40 way connectors but I noticed the contacts for the heads and spindle motor are tarnished. A quick clean of the PCB and spring contacts with iso-propyol alcohol and reassemble and it has not missed a beat since (3 weeks and still going and before it was every 2nd day)
      I now have a Seagate 1tb from a desk computer with the same symptoms and after removing the PCB it looks the same. This drive is 2 years old and has had a max of 1.8tb data transferred to and from it so bugger all. and 1/3 for that was rescuing the data from it

Something to keep in mind for intermittent drive problems.

SS Dave

Those that can hard-mod, Those that can’t soft-mod.
    • By nikeymikey
      Just received my 2nd X3 Control Panel in the post today

Please login or register to see this attachment.
      Plugged it in and tested all looking good except for the dodgy bottom line of text on the LCD.... Anyone have any ideas?

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.