OGXbox.com

Cant Copy Song To Hdd So I Can Hot Swap.

Gorrillasnot

Long story sort. I ordered a replacement 1.6 main board with its matching HDD off of ebay to replace a dead 1 I had.

All went well until it was time to softmod. When I try to copy an audio track to the HDD it says "Unable to create new soundtrack. You have reached the maximum 100 soundtracks"

I don't see any saved sound track so I don't see how I am over any limits. Is there any way around this? Any other way of hot swap unlocking the HDD.

I have only used the hot swap method in the past and don't have any of the games with the exploits like 007 or Splinter Cell and I also don't have a xbox to USB adapter so at this time hot swapping is my only option.

thanks

I am not familiar of any hotswap method which requires you to copy a song to the drive. Could you please explain what you’re doing?

I haven’t hotswapped in a long time but if that’s all you’re trying to do, you can proceed in two ways. 

1) unplug the dvd drive’s power and boot the console. Once it complaining and fails to boot, you should have an unlocked drive. 

2) if you have a raspberry Pi, you can use that to read the EPROM on your console, attach the drive, and skip the hotswap altogether. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gorrillasnot said:

All went well until it was time to softmod. When I try to copy an audio track to the HDD it says "Unable to create new soundtrack. You have reached the maximum 100 soundtracks"

From your description, your hard drive may already have a softmod installed.  Possibly UDDAE or other audio exploit that's messed with the ST.DB file.

See what happens by performing the following steps:

1. Power on the system.

2. From the MS Dashboard, select Music, then:

• Select the blank soundtrack
  • Select Copy
  • Select Copy
  • Select New Soundtrack
  • Enter <<Eggsßox>> ( with two '<' Symbols, capital 'E', beta Accent 'ß' and two '>' Symbols )
  • Select Done
  • Now the MS logo should appear & the MSdash will reload.

3. Once again, select Music, then:

• Select the blank soundtrack
  • Select Copy
  • Select Copy
  • Select New Soundtrack
  • Select Done

What happens?

I was able to hotswap after several attempts during the MS dash bootup.

I never could get the drive unlocked by booting with the dvd drive unplugged

I am now softmodded and updated softmod with Hexen 2017 and have the eeprom backed up and saved to my PC.

However I prefer the layout of the old UnleashX (I'm old and don't like change lol)

I have another Xbox that I softmodded years ago with ndure 3.1 and xboxhdm 1.9  I think, where it will boot UnleashX with the small button and boot the MS dash with the DVD eject button, but I don't remember what settings to use in ndure.

Which boxes should I check in ndure?

ndure.jpg

Edited by Gorrillasnot

Don’t know the first about Ndure, but just looking over the shot you’ve provided it sounds like you want “Boot XBL dash with Eject”

If you’re soft nodding anyway you may prefer just to upgrade to Rocky5 which has dual boot settings you can customize and access from within the Xbox itself. 

55 minutes ago, Gorrillasnot said:

I am now softmodded and updated softmod with Hexen 2017 and have the eeprom backed up and saved to my PC.

You can install UnleashX to replace whatever replacement dashboard is currently installed.  Not exactly sure where or which dashboard is running after you softmodded.  Post a directory listing a the C drive. It should help.

Or, use Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool/Build v1.1.6/Installer Variants/Quick Upgrade.zip app to install his latest softmod and it uses the UnleashX dashboard.

Documentation is included in the Zip file on how to install and run the quick upgrade tool.

Well I thought I had everything working.

When softmodding I didn't have the audio cables hooked up (just the video).I put everything back together and hooked up the audio cables and I get sound when the xbox first comes on during the flubber, but I have no ambient, navigation, etc.sound in unleashx.

Installed xbmc to e:\apps and sound works no problem.

What can I do to get sound working in unleashx?

thanks

The sound files for ambient audio in UnleashX are configured to use the MS Dashboard audio files.  however, Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool doesn't install the MS dashboard to the C drive.  There's only a Dashboard folder.

You need to download either the Xbox Softmodding Tool extras disc and have it install only the audio files or the entire MS dashboard.  Or you can download the 5960.zip file along with the audio.zip file from Rocky5's github repository:

• Core MS dashboard 5960 files/folders without audio files- 5960.zip
  • MS dashboard 5960 audio files - Audio.zip

You only need upload the files from the Audio.zip archive to get ambient sounds for UnleashX.  Probably better to extract and FTP all the files from both to the Xbox's C drive.

Yes.  When running XBMC4Xbox, you'll find it in Q:\system\media\Splash.png.  Replace it with a different image using the same filename to change it.

XBMC4Xbox maps Q:\ to the directory where XBMC4Xbox's default.xbe file is executed from on the hard drive.

For example:

With XBMC4Xbox installed in F:\Apps\XBMC4Xbox\, Q:\ is mapped to F:\Apps\XBMC4Xbox\.   

From the above example install path when not running XBMC4Xbox, you'll find the splash screen image at F:\Apps\XBMC4Xbox\system\media\Splash.png.

• 2 months later...
On 6/15/2019 at 9:45 PM, KaosEngineer said:

From your description, your hard drive may already have a softmod installed.  Possibly UDDAE or other audio exploit that's messed with the ST.DB file.

See what happens by performing the following steps:

1. Power on the system.

2. From the MS Dashboard, select Music, then:

• Select the blank soundtrack
  • Select Copy
  • Select Copy
  • Select New Soundtrack
  • Enter <<Eggsßox>> ( with two '<' Symbols, capital 'E', beta Accent 'ß' and two '>' Symbols )
  • Select Done
  • Now the MS logo should appear & the MSdash will reload.

3. Once again, select Music, then:

• Select the blank soundtrack
  • Select Copy
  • Select Copy
  • Select New Soundtrack
  • Select Done

What happens?

what does happen?, i'm intrigued as i have a stock xbox that has a blank soundtrack but i'm not running that sequence if it is going to throw an error.

On 9/18/2019 at 8:25 PM, sinclairuser said:

what does happen?, i'm intrigued as i have a stock xbox that has a blank soundtrack but i'm not running that sequence if it is going to throw an error.

If you perform that set of operations on a stock Xbox, it will play an Xbox Team Thank You message.

Original Xbox Easter Egg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZHK-9_0PNc