Sign in to follow this  
C64MidRezzie

Where Can I Buy a Replacement Cover for the Dvd Drive Front Facia?

Hi - wasn't sure where to post this and thought I'd post it here seeing as you guys focus on cases.  I'm looking for the front facia part that says "xbox" and attaches to the dvd drive drawer.  I fixed a drive that I thought was unfixable with a new rubber band and a good cleaning with alcohol.  Now I'd like to find a replacement part in the UK - anyone able to point me in the right direction - can't see them on ebay or amazon.  I have an original black xbox so I need the part in black.  Thanks for any help.

They show up on eBay occasionally.  Find a broken Xbox / DVD drive to use its.

They are generally high priced for a injection molded piece of plastic.

Please login or register to see this link.

but this is on the States ebay site for $8.95. A different one for $9.93 and another for $6.95 with $4.31 S&H worldwide shipping available check pricing, (maybe they will ship one to the UK:

Please login or register to see this link.

2 hours ago, TEK Nemesis said:

You think that someone would start making them with a 3D printer.

And at this point, cases in general, no? 3D printing has come really far. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

• By Manimtired1312
      Okay, I don't have a ton of time but I just found a way to play games such as JSRF, Fable, and the others on a 1.6 console without disc swapping, requiring the original dash, anything.
      This, however requires a softmodded console with UnleashX (May work on other dashboards, I have not tested)
      The steps are as follows:
      Turn on your console and allow it to get to the dashboard. Select system, then settings. Go all the way to the bottom where Video Display is and select it. Turn off 480p and if not turned on, turn on 720p, and 1080i. Then, have fun and launch your game, I believe this actually forces it into 480i which is not accessible from unleashx. I found this out by playing with the settings, you sadly can't play in 480p, but hey, that's the price to pay, I'm just trying to give an option to you folks with UnleashX.
    • By C64MidRezzie
      So I got a STartech Sata to IDE adapter and successfully made and locked a new SATA 500 GG hard drive using HDM v1.9.

i got an 80 pin cable and connected my SATA drive and sure enough it booted to the Xbox dashboard.  I had my Rocky 5 softmod files and Splinter Cell diskready to go but I can’t load Splinter Cell - I get a message reading - “Your Xbox cannot recognize this disc.  Make sure it’s an Xbox game, DVD movie, or audio CD.  Also check to see if the disc is dirty or damaged.”

I have tried a different dvd drive from another Xbox that I know loads the game and I get the same message.  In fact I get the same message if I try to load any other Xbox game disk.

Any ideas greatly appreciated
    • By C64MidRezzie
      I hace a 300gb IDE hard drive that I used in a sodtmodded Xbox back in the day - only realized this evening that it is locked and that I no longer have the Xbox I made it for - is there anyway to unlock it - I have softmodded xboxes lying around - would they help
      unlock it?  Thanks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.