Sign in to follow this  
C64MidRezzie

Where Do I Find Working Links To C and E Drives To Rebuild Xbox Hard Drive

Hi - I am trying to rebuild an xbox hard drive - I have the eeprom - a meant gave me an old Dell IDE drive - I know HDM v. 1.9 will work on it as I used it a few years ago.  Does anyone know where I can get  the C and E drive files for the rebuild?  Thanks

Okay so this morning I got HDM 1.9 working on an old PC - I need to backup and transfer my eeprom later - I notice when I look in the HDM folder right now that the C and E folders are empty - is that normal?  Remember this is before I turn it into an ISO - Do these folders fill up with contents once the program is running and the hard drive is attached to the PC?  Prob a stupid question but it's so long since I used this method that I can't remember.  Thanks

6 hours ago, C64MidRezzie said:

Okay so this morning I got HDM 1.9 working on an old PC - I need to backup and transfer my eeprom later - I notice when I look in the HDM folder right now that the C and E folders are empty - is that normal?

Yes

6 hours ago, C64MidRezzie said:

Remember this is before I turn it into an ISO - Do these folders fill up with contents once the program is running and the hard drive is attached to the PC?

No, you have to add the content you want to be copied to the Xbox HDD.  For example, the 5960 MS dashboard files into the hdm\C folder.  With E left empty, XboxHDM will create empty E:\UDATA and E:\TDATA folders on the hard drive. But, it you have game saves and/or apps you want to be preloaded add them into hdm\E. 

The amount of content that can be added in total to the C and E folders of XboxHDM is limited to 528MBs.

31 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Yes

No, you have to add the content you want to be copied to the Xbox HDD.  For example, the 5960 MS dashboard files into the hdm\C folder.  With E left empty, XboxHDM will create empty E:\UDATA and E:\TDATA folders on the hard drive. But, it you have game saves and/or apps you want to be preloaded add them into hdm\E. 

The amount of content that can be added in total to the C and E folders of XboxHDM is limited to 528MBs.

Thanks - do you know where I could download the C folder files?  Could I transfer the C drive contents over FTP - I'm happy  to do this but I'd prefer a fresh start as I'm sure I'd probably be copying over things I don't need from my current xbox drive.

HeXEn 2018 disk - folder StockFiles\c - extract the contents of the XISO image with Qwix

or

Please login or register to see this link.

or

many other locations that have a copy of the 5960 MS dashboard available online.

2 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

HeXEn 2018 disk - folder StockFiles\c - extract the contents of the XISO image with Qwix

or

or

many other locations that have a copy of the 5960 MS dashboard available online.

Hi - thanks a million for the advice I got the clean C and E files - I'm off to prepare the HDM disk now - thanks again!

Edited by C64MidRezzie
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, C64MidRezzie said:

Hi - thanks a million for the advice I got the clean C and E files - I'm off to prepare the HDM disk now - thanks again!

Disk is made - I'm guessing I'll have to re-softmod it - I want to use a more up to date softmod like Rocky 5 anyway.  

Okay so I used HDM V 1.9 and now have a 40GB hard drive that works in my xbox - since I did a clean install - it appears to be a stock drive and the extra space doesn't appear.

I'm going to use Rocky 5 softmod - will the extra space show up then or do I need to do something else to get full access to the new hard drive?  Thanks

On 5/24/2019 at 6:57 PM, C64MidRezzie said:

I'm going to use Rocky 5 softmod - will the extra space show up then or do I need to do something else to get full access to the new hard drive?  Thanks

Yes, nothing else to do.

Until the console is modded and a replacement dashboard is installed, the MS dashboard will look no different.  It does not use the additional space. Has not access to it.

The replacement dashboard installed by Rocky5's Xbox SoftmoddingTool - UnleashX - will be able to access the additional storage space.

On 5/23/2019 at 12:37 PM, KaosEngineer said:

or

or

Finally, a working link to some clean hard drive files. Thank you very much.

Edited by Dillw33d