N64 freak

N64 Freaks Internal Hdmi Mod Install

This HDMI mod replaces the AV port completely and offers an HDMI port instead for convenience.

The Installed HDMI mod does look like this:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

The HDMI mod does offer 5.1 sound through the HDMI port. If you don't need 5.1 (or your TV might not support it) you can simply disable 5.1 audio and get digital stereo audio instead. For those who want to add an optical output to there Xbox the HDMI mod does offer 3 solder points to add a TOTX178 optical transmitter.

To get the HDMI mod installed you first need to get the AV-port removed.

To get it removed you could either use a hot-air station or a heat-gun to remove it at once. But that would put a lot of thermal stress on the board!
The better and recommended alternative is to disassemble the Port and remove it one part at a time.

First desolder the Metal Tab holding it in place by heating them and prying the metal tab up to pull it out.

When the metal tab is removed take a sidecutter and clip off all the pins from the video port as they are what keeps the Port in place.
When they are clipped off you can take the port cover off by simply pulling it upwards.

Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment.

Next step is to remove the remaining plastic piece and desolder the rest of the pins and clean up the area a little.

Position the first Adapter exactly as show in the photo. The red arrow marks the PTH that has to be alligned centered.

Once Positioned solder all the marked points down and make sure they are properly connected before continuing with the second adapter!
After soldering all the necessary points insulate the 2 soler points shown in green. A piece of kapton tape works well.
You should do this to be sure there's no unwanted connection occuring between the 2 adapter pcbs.

Please login or register to see this attachment. IMG_1698_isol.JPG.573bc651b6538e13e40977ac6c52b2c1.JPG

Next up is the second adapter. Just position it above the first adapter using the 2 big holes to allign them and solder down the marked points. Again check continuity before continuing with the next PCB!

Last PCB is the HDMI mod itself. You need to position it slightly off centered on the second PCB. The HDMI ports pins will be position it correctly. Just solder down the points that are marked with the red arrows and the install is almos done!

Last up is setting the Video mode. You need to add 2 small bridges on the bottom side of the PCB. Just solder in the 2 bridges and the video mode is set correctly!

If you want to use the optical out you can easily add a toslink port to the HDMI mod by simply soldering a Transmitter to the 3 marked pins.

Edited by N64 freak
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

• By SS_Dave
      When your tring to solder to a circuit board and you damage it don't despair most stuff up's can be fixed
      If you have ripped the trace off the Xbox circuit board you need to STOP and try to relax, Walk away from the job for a minute or ten or more if neaded

This is the trace that is damaged and need's to be repaired.
      This is a pic of a undamaged PCB same location.Please login or register to see this attachment.
      The red wire is what was suposed to happenPlease login or register to see this link.

1st step Clean off the paint.
      Please login or register to see this link.

I cheated and used a Glass fiber pen to do that but gentley scraping the track is ok you only nead to remove the paint.
      Please login or register to see this link. Please login or register to see this link.

2nd Step Add flux to the board

3rd Tin the trace

4th Prep the wire you are going to use. I use wirewrap wire for a repair like this one as it's a single strand.

5th Tin and trim the wire. I should have trimed it a bit shorter

6th Lay the wire on the tinned trace and apply heat.

7th Clean up the PCB

Now rince and repeat for the other end.
      Once you have tested it and your happy a small dob of hot melt glue or even a dob(pin head sise) of super glue to stop the wire moving. Not on the solder joint say 5 to 10mm(1/4 inch) from the solder joint.

• By flux_no
      Hello,
      So i revived my V1.0 PAL Xbox (TSOP modded with evox m8 bios) and ordered an HDMI adapter on ebay, hoping to get better resolution in the menues and games that support it.
      i bought this: Please login or register to see this link.
      Ive used the hexen dvd to activate the 480p,720p and 1080i in the MS dashboard.
      but when i start the system my projector freaks out and states that it first recieves a 480i signal, then a 640x200 120hz(!) signal. Any clue to what this could be?
      i'm running through a onkyo tx-nr626 av reciever and a optoma 200hd projector. the onkyo just denies passing the 640x200 signal trough. if i connect the projector directly to the hdmi adapter i get a very strange image(probably just the 640x200 data overlapped)
      I can change to the normal composite cable without any issues in 480i trough the reciever and projector with 1080p upscaling.

• By Kura
      Hi everyone.
      What Xecuter MOD Chip is this?  I tried browsing the stickies but couldn't find a matching picture.  The only thing I remember is that this was solderless.
      Also, is there a diagram somewhere that I can solder it into the XBOX instead? 
      Thanks in advance.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.