OGXbox.com

Cerbios Bios Mirror (Cur. 2.3.2)

Bowlsnapper

Cerbios Bios Mirror (Updated)

Current: 2.3.2

Since the original thread is no longer being updated, I will attempt to do so in this thread.

2.3.2 Is the ElpisHD version with HD+ support. I have also included Cerbios Tool, as well as UDMA 4,5 and 6 files. Only use 6 if you have a Startech, basically. if you have a cheapo SATA adapter, use UDMA 4. If you have upgraded your cheapo green adapter with "the resistor", try 5. If you are using IDE, use the non-UDMA descripted file, which is UDMA-2.

OP will be updated with every release and there will only ever be this thread. .nfo file should contain changelogs.

Happy flashing! :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mega: https://mega.nz/file/x6VmRbzT#hjH2mFkYUEtqyAUUyJ5dIV-_iCu45Te700TdSoh5cx0

Google Drive Mirror: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18rD7KbLxou94_J4dP3mujspxTcBcYZ8y?usp=drive_link

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to change the UDMA version on a softmod running Cerbios? I put an ssd in one of mine and wanted to test out UDMA6 with it. I was half asleep when I installed Cerbios on my first softmodded one and dont remember much. A guy on discord walked me through it.

Edited by NokSueCow

5 hours ago, NokSueCow said:

Is it possible to change the UDMA version on a softmod running Cerbios? I put an ssd in one of mine and wanted to test out UDMA6 with it. I was half asleep when I installed Cerbios on my first softmodded one and dont remember much. A guy on discord walked me through it.

If you're using a BFM, then I don't think things like that can be done, as they are too low-level. You would probably just be using the UDMA mode of the TSOP bios, which would be the MS bios, if softmodded.

@KaosEngineer Could you please confirm that? I would be curious to know what a BFM is capable of doing, and what it is not, definitively. You are familiar with BFMs, so that's why I am summoning you. :)

9 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

If you're using a BFM, then I don't think things like that can be done, as they are too low-level. You would probably just be using the UDMA mode of the TSOP bios, which would be the MS bios, if softmodded.

I think I figured out what to do last night. I went back into the discord and read what I did. I ftp'd into nkpatcher to access real C. I deleted the contents of C\nkpatcher, and replaced them with the PBL cfg and xbe, then placed Cerbios.bin file in there. I renamed Emustation to Evoxdash.xbe and put it in C, along with its folders/files.

I would just need to overwrite the Cerbios.bin file I put in C\nkpatcher with new Cerbios 2.3.2 UDMA6.bin.

One thing I noticed is that I can no longer use Dashloader, I tried reinstalling it again and setting UX and Gamers to A and B, but they dont work. The led is green also, used to be orange. He said I can modify that with the Cerbios.ini file and place it in the nkpatcher folder.

But if I can't use Dashloader or Insignia, I doubt I'll continue with it. The guys in discord said that it would be a mess of an install if I tried. I just wanted to experiment with an extra xbox.

Edited by NokSueCow

9 hours ago, NokSueCow said:

I think I figured out what to do last night. I went back into the discord and read what I did. I ftp'd into nkpatcher to access real C. I deleted the contents of C\nkpatcher, and replaced them with the PBL cfg and xbe, then placed Cerbios.bin file in there. I renamed Emustation to Evoxdash.xbe and put it in C, along with its folders/files.

I would just need to overwrite the Cerbios.bin file I put in C\nkpatcher with new Cerbios 2.3.2 UDMA6.bin.

One thing I noticed is that I can no longer use Dashloader, I tried reinstalling it again and setting UX and Gamers to A and B, but they dont work. The led is green also, used to be orange. He said I can modify that with the Cerbios.ini file and place it in the nkpatcher folder.

But if I can't use Dashloader or Insignia, I doubt I'll continue with it. The guys in discord said that it would be a mess of an install if I tried. I just wanted to experiment with an extra xbox.

I am not entirely sure how the dash is loaded. My original impression was that the Intended installed dash is renamed xboxdash.xbe and that was it. However, I don't think it is this simple. It is possible that Cerbios and nkpatcher are fighting over where to load the dashboard or default .xbe file from. It's entering the realm of mixing a hardmod with a softmod and that is always advised against.

Like I said, I believe that UDMA speeds are something that is very low level and would not take when Cerbios is loaded as a BFM, just like a few other things.

@Rocky5 Could you do us BOTH a favor and shed some light on the topic? You understand softmodding and BFMs more than most people do, I'm sure. :) And as people can tell, I know nothing really of how a softmod actually achieves it's intended outcome. I am embarrassingly uneducated on the topic and I am not where where to research it. :(

On 1/23/2024 at 2:38 AM, Bowlsnapper said:

@KaosEngineer Could you please confirm that? I would be curious to know what a BFM is capable of doing, and what it is not, definitively. You are familiar with BFMs, so that's why I am summoning you. :)

Correct, the hardware has already been initialized by the stock BIOS, UDMA2.  A BFM BIOS does not do any hardware initialization.  It only replaces the Xbox's kernel/OS that is running from RAM.

• Thanks 2