OGXbox.com

Vers. 1.0 - Green/Red flashing - Caps already replaced

dstruan

Dear all,

sorry to bother you with a maybe stupid question again, but i want to give a last try before i send the mainboard to hardware heaven.

I have got a org. Xbox v1.0 times ago and I was able to set up the Box by TSOP the Box and also by installing bigger Harddisk and XBMC accordingly. All was working well for month and than the journey starts.

First, the Box stops working after some time in the middle of processing. I copied some games from Samba Share to the Box. Copy process starts regularly and after 1,5h Box crashed by "no video signal" and without finishing the copy process. When the Box crashed, Box didn't reboot or didn't change the color of the LEDs. So okay ... things can happen ... So I try to switch on the Box again, disconnect from power and switch on the box again ... Green/Red error ... Shit ...

Waiting for one hour, try again ... Box starts regularly. Start copy process again ... again after some time ... Box crashed. This time i was able to restart the Box directly after the crash and i check the temperature of CPU und GPU and both shows normal temperatures below 58°C.

Okay, changed the power supply ... Same issues ... I changed Harddisk and DVD ROM, furthermore I was able to refresh the BIOS as well also tried another BIOS version. Furthermore, i installed a Modchip in the Box ... But no success. The 4 powerlines on the mainboard are checked as well, same for the rest of the mainboard ... all looks okay. 

During the next weeks the box crashes more often and much faster than before, so i decided to replace the power caps on the board ... Long story short ... no success same issue.

By now the box didn't work properly ... Try to start 3 times ... than turns to Green/Red Error again. Also I replaced two other caps next to the GPU but no success ...

So, now I'm lost ... Hope someone has an idea for other some other tries ;-)

Thanks for all ideas and hints

Kind regards

3 hours ago, dstruan said:

Dear all,

sorry to bother you with a maybe stupid question again, but i want to give a last try before i send the mainboard to hardware heaven.

I have got a org. Xbox v1.0 times ago and I was able to set up the Box by TSOP the Box and also by installing bigger Harddisk and XBMC accordingly. All was working well for month and than the journey starts.

First, the Box stops working after some time in the middle of processing. I copied some games from Samba Share to the Box. Copy process starts regularly and after 1,5h Box crashed by "no video signal" and without finishing the copy process. When the Box crashed, Box didn't reboot or didn't change the color of the LEDs. So okay ... things can happen ... So I try to switch on the Box again, disconnect from power and switch on the box again ... Green/Red error ... Shit ...

Waiting for one hour, try again ... Box starts regularly. Start copy process again ... again after some time ... Box crashed. This time i was able to restart the Box directly after the crash and i check the temperature of CPU und GPU and both shows normal temperatures below 58°C.

Okay, changed the power supply ... Same issues ... I changed Harddisk and DVD ROM, furthermore I was able to refresh the BIOS as well also tried another BIOS version. Furthermore, i installed a Modchip in the Box ... But no success. The 4 powerlines on the mainboard are checked as well, same for the rest of the mainboard ... all looks okay. 

During the next weeks the box crashes more often and much faster than before, so i decided to replace the power caps on the board ... Long story short ... no success same issue.

By now the box didn't work properly ... Try to start 3 times ... than turns to Green/Red Error again. Also I replaced two other caps next to the GPU but no success ...

So, now I'm lost ... Hope someone has an idea for other some other tries 😉

Thanks for all ideas and hints

Kind regards

Hmmm, random frags...

@KaosEngineer @SS_Dave

I don't know which parts of the board I should focus on ... Therefore a full size picture ...

I'm not a pro in soldering, but the journey starts before I did any soldering or replacement on the board ... Except the pinheader for the Mod Chip ...

I try to fix the issue by replacing the capacitors step by step ... Ends up with the same result and Green/Red Error. The Green/Red Error is a 50/50 error ... 

Edited by dstruan