OGXbox.com

1.4 flashing red when rebooting

jcstahl1

I acquired a 1.4 that had been TSOP'd at some point with a 120gb HDD.  Something is buggy with the TSOP that I can't update or change the BIOS so I put it a Open Xenium that I had here.  It powers on as it should and works normally except when I try to reboot it.  It'll power up green at first and then start flashing red with no video.  I'm assuming it's needing the caps replaced, although the 3 in front of the CPU & GPU seemed to have been replaced already as they are different than the rest (blue with gold stripe & writing).

Any other suggestions before I start replacing all the caps?

You may be correct on assuming its the capacitors, that has been associated with video flickering you mentioned. You also mentioned it had been tsop'ed and you couldn't update it. The previous owner may have un-bridge the read/write points for the tsop after they flashed it.