OGXbox.com

Another Aladdin XT from AliExpress

Marty

6 minutes ago, PRince404 said:

I recently saw on twitter, there are Aladdin chips with LCD support? 

I think that was something ryzee did. It uses the Aladdin cpld to drive an LCD. However, it needs to either be in parallel on the lpc pin header or a tsop is needed, because the CPLD is tied up driving the LCD instead of managing the chip flash.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PRince404 said:

I recently saw on twitter, there are Aladdin chips with LCD support? 

There were Aladdin 64's (a.k.a. XenoFX Pro's) that used a Lattice LC4064V CPLD instead of an LC4032V CPLD.  The 12 pads to the right of the one labeled BT on the top of the above pictured modchip connected to the LCD module.  And, there was a potentiometer on the three pads forming a triangle below them used to adjust the contrast of the display.

XenoFX Pro Installation Diagram archived at the Wayback Machine:

xenochip_xt_diagram_1_0.jpg (962×840) (archive.org)

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

There were Aladdin 64's (a.k.a. XenoFX Pro's) that used a Lattice LC4064V CPLD instead of an LC4032V CPLD.  The 12 pads to the right of the one labeled BT on the top of the above pictured modchip connected to the LCD module.  And, there was a potentiometer on the three pads forming a triangle below them used to adjust the contrast of the display.

XenoFX Pro Installation Diagram archived at the Wayback Machine:

xenochip_xt_diagram_1_0.jpg (962×840) (archive.org)

Wasn't the CPLD then incapable of running the chip? I thought I remembered reading that...

4 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Wasn't the CPLD then incapable of running the chip? I thought I remembered reading that...

The LC4064V CPLD found on the Aladdin 64's, XenoFX Pro's, can do both functions.  Edit: It has twice as many programmable Macrocells - 64 instead of 32 of an LC4032V CPLD.

Modding the current Aladdin's with an LC4032 can only be programmed to work as a modchip - boot a modified BIOS from the flash chip onboard or act as an LCD driver.

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

The LC4064V CPLD found on the Aladdin 64's, XenoFX Pro's, can do both functions.  Edit: It has twice as many programmable Macrocells - 64 instead of 32 of an LC4032V CPLD.

Modding the current Aladdin's with an LC4032 can only be programmed to work as a modchip - boot a modified BIOS from the flash chip onboard or act as an LCD driver.

Yep, found it...

https://github.com/Ryzee119/AladdinLCD

• Like 1