OGXbox.com

Error 6 after relocking drive with correct key?

Xxdatboi2008xX

14 hours ago, Xxdatboi2008xX said:

When trying to lock the drive or unlock the drive (w/disable lock) in xboxHDM23usb beta 4 it gives me error 121

it even gave me that a few times before it finally unlocked

This also happened to me when using XboxHDM with a 120gb sata drive.  The drive is now essentially dead since it won't unlock no matter what method I use.  I'd recommend avoiding XboxHDM and use FatXplorer for unlocking and locking drive, so far it has not given this issue.

34 minutes ago, UltimateMe said:

FatXplorer is the best indeed, but XboxHDM is beter than the XboxHDMusb version in my opinion and can be used in a boot environment, where  FatXplorer can`t.

Yeah, I should have mentioned that older XboxHDM is quite reliable where the USB version seems to have some issue with different USB chipsets.  I never had an issue with the old XboxHDM using IDE drives directly connected to the motherboard, just the newer USB versions.

On 9/13/2023 at 6:18 PM, Xxdatboi2008xX said:

When trying to lock the drive or unlock the drive (w/disable lock) in xboxHDM23usb beta 4 it gives me error 121

it even gave me that a few times before it finally unlocked

Are you using a USB adapter?  and what kind are you are using?  The problem with some of these IDE to USB adapters is often times they just dont work well for locking/unlocking IDE hard drives with xboxHDM23usb and FATXplorer.

Edited by RMM