OGXbox.com

Cerbios install - Flashing green on bloot

demayod

Hi all,

just finished a cerbios build for a friend. 
It’s a 1.2 with a 4TB drive. I’m finding that every so often the system will freeze. When I reboot the system, I’ll just have a black screen or sometimes black screen with a sporadic blink of an image onscreen. Then I’ll get a quick green flash on the eject light. Does anyone know what a flashing green light might mean? 

7 minutes ago, bolofski said:

have you cleaned the video connector? they usually flash green when the video cable isnt attached/recognised

Sorry. To elaborate, the flashing green ring and black screen happen after the cerbios splash screen comes up. It will either sit on the cerbios dogs or it'll turn black, then the green flashing. 

Wouldn't that be green / orange for video cable?

Use some electricial tape to hold the startech on the hard drive i have had that problem with the startech comeing loose by the vibration of the hard drives whirring as i bought one to replace a green one i had which never came loose

Edited by Maddoc
Spellinh

21 minutes ago, Maddoc said:

Use some electricial tape to hold the startech on the hard drive i have had that problem with the startech comeing loose by the vibration of the hard drives whirring as i bought one to replace a green one i had which never came loose

Ah sorry. The IDE2SAT25 connects the the motherboard and uses a SATA cable to connect to the drive. I think it just wasn't seated perfectly.