OGXbox.com

Anyway to make XBlastOS recover TSOP without lite chip?

Bowlsnapper

7 hours ago, MadMartigan said:

I have no idea what you are asking here lol. Been a string of long, hot days at work. I think my brain may be melting 

Look at the XBlast Lite features. It will recover the TSOP and help you split it. Treats it as a flash for the chip, basically. Just don't wanna buy another chip. I already have an XBlast from Tomcat.

Forget the recovery function. That function works only for old bioses like evox m7, iND, x2 and so on. If you had flashed a m8 for example the recovery funtion will not work. But since you bought a flasher you can simply desolder the TSOP and reflash it. Piece of cake.

ANd to controll the TSOP you have to use a XBlast-Lite cuz the Aladdin ones didn't provide the needed pads to do a TSOP splitt. That being said, when you have a XBlast Lite in a XBox a splitt realy didn't make any seens since you already have a 512 and a 256 bank. Keeping the TSOP 1MB is the best thing in my opinion. You could flash a hidden EvoX to it though. (EvoX m8+ without EvoX logo, noDVD and booting the MS-Dash).

55 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Forget the recovery function. That function works only for old bioses like evox m7, iND, x2 and so on. If you had flashed a m8 for example the recovery funtion will not work. But since you bought a flasher you can simply desolder the TSOP and reflash it. Piece of cake.

ANd to controll the TSOP you have to use a XBlast-Lite cuz the Aladdin ones didn't provide the needed pads to do a TSOP splitt. That being said, when you have a XBlast Lite in a XBox a splitt realy didn't make any seens since you already have a 512 and a 256 bank. Keeping the TSOP 1MB is the best thing in my opinion. You could flash a hidden EvoX to it though. (EvoX m8+ without EvoX logo, noDVD and booting the MS-Dash).

What attachment for my tl8666II flasher do I use for the TSOP, Sweet? I wouldn't know what it's actually called. I have lots of attachments that came with it, but not that.

Also, thank you for informing me about the XBlast TSOP thing. FINALLY I understand.

7 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

For a 1MB TSOP you can try the 3 wire trick first. May you get lucky.

These are the boards I have : https://imgur.com/a/9idF17j

One is the main adapter and the other than hold the chip. For the 1MB TSOP you need the 8bit adapter. For the 256kb ones you can either use the solder or solder less "doughterbord"  

I think those are Ali parts. I found both devices on Amazon, but the socketed one is expensive.