OGXbox.com

Aladdin xt chinese pcb

Bgsmods59

Hello everyone. 

It is recognized that the Chinese version of the AlladinXT has problems with the flash of the 49lf020A because this one is actually a 49lf002.  Do you know if the problem comes only from this chip or if the design of the pcb is also in question or even a blockage at the code level in the cpld?  I wonder if putting a real 49lf020 in the chinese pcb would solve the flash problem.

The 49LF020 had a bug where it can accept any address as valid, therefore it will send the data as it requested, that is how earlier cheapmods worked. Later, this bug was fixed in the later 49LF020A/B chips and therefore no longer worked. This is when the Aladdin chips had a CPLD, that created its own LFRAME and address lines that receives back as valid, without cutting the LFRAME on the motherboard.

Edited by SylverReZ
  • Like 2

On 7/25/2023 at 12:19 AM, Bgsmods59 said:

Hello everyone. 

It is recognized that the Chinese version of the AlladinXT has problems with the flash of the 49lf020A because this one is actually a 49lf002.  Do you know if the problem comes only from this chip or if the design of the pcb is also in question or even a blockage at the code level in the cpld?  I wonder if putting a real 49lf020 in the chinese pcb would solve the flash problem.

In relation to your question, yes, any 49LF020 chip will work regardless.

2 minutes ago, SylverReZ said:

In relation to your question, yes, any 49LF020 chip will work regardless.

So you can buy a bunch of 5 dollar Aladdins, and put a flash on there that's actually flashable and basically "fix" the chip? I'm assuming that a flash of a larger size would necessitate CPLD programming, correct?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

So you can buy a bunch of 5 dollar Aladdins, and put a flash on there that's actually flashable and basically "fix" the chip? I'm assuming that a flash of a larger size would necessitate CPLD programming, correct?

CPLD programming requires a Lattice ispDownload cable of which they are extremely cheap nowadays. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001298833117.html

https://www.ebay.com/itm/281126398909?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=iFlAeHGRRGO&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=cLdUXVnHQbW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

This is what I use for the Aladdin’s that don’t come already flashable. Granted you’ll need to remove the chip every time you want to change the bios, but I typically don’t change my bios like I do my underwear. It’s more for testing purposes and quick repairs. 

• Like 1

On 28/07/2023 at 03:12, MadMartigan said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/281126398909?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&sspo=iFlAeHGRRGO&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=cLdUXVnHQbW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

C'est ce que j'utilise pour les Aladdin qui ne sont pas déjà flashables. Certes, vous devrez retirer la puce chaque fois que vous voudrez changer le bios, mais je ne change généralement pas mon bios comme je le fais pour mes sous-vêtements. C'est plus à des fins de test et de réparations rapides. 

I have about twenty like that. I wanted to make xblast and my lcd modules based on the explanations of ryzee119 but nothing works. I use a tl866ii and an altera programming cable. program all good but nothing works. thats why i think there is a problem on these pcbs.

3 hours ago, Bgsmods59 said:

I have about twenty like that. I wanted to make xblast and my lcd modules based on the explanations of ryzee119 but nothing works. I use a tl866ii and an altera programming cable. program all good but nothing works. thats why i think there is a problem on these pcbs.

What are you using for flash chips? The one that came with it? That's probably why...