OGXbox.com

Installing XBlast Lite in Halo Edition Console

Bowlsnapper

This is my worklog. I'll post pics and thoughts! Why am I sharing this? Because I can! Modding the other 1.4 halo console tonight with an XBlast Lite from Tomcat. I don't have to share such a routine procedure, but I feel like doing so.

I should celebrate: I will finally start receiving the income I've been waiting for and I'll have all the time I want to learn new skills and get better at the things I've always wanted to learn. I will also be able to invest in consoles and get a little bit of everything and try to get some broad experience with all there is available. 

Oh and I bought a shitload of pinnheaders. I can mod like, 60 Xboxes now. I'm unsure of what to do for sure with this console. I don't know whether to keep the chip in, or just use it to flash the TSOP so I can sell the console. But it will have another 2tb origins drive in it, just like my X3 does. I have some shit to buy... I'll start another thread about it.

Anyway!

Oh and I'll try to use this chip to revive my black coma console.

16880821613026837976707770578006.jpg

PXL_20230629_232610808.jpg

16880828248425702856511170838621.jpg

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, trencherfield said:

Good news at last after accident.

Best of luck with the modding, gets addictive :) 

Thank you for saying that. :)

Yes, I've been waiting for doctors and the USPS to get this done so I don't have to be broke while I wait to heal up. I'm lucky to be alive and I'm living like it's fuckin 1999... God what a better time that was, when all we had to worry about was getting busted by the RIAA for downloading an Adam Sandler skit on Napster, getting an N'Sync song stuck in your head... and y2k, if you were retarded.

I need to compile a list of tools and parts for building chips (Aladdin, Xblast and openXenium) including an ACHI reflower for CPUs,( since I have some interposers) and I need to learn how to code well enough to know my way around CPLDs and XBlastOS. It's time to start contributing to the things I want to without it sounding stupid every time it leaves my mouth and just being a pipe dream.

Thank you, Trench!

Received Tomcat's XBlast. Jesus this thing is fuckin small! I'm afraid I'm gonna break it if I sneeze while I'm holding it. :) His soldering skills are perfect. Gonna need to ask him for advice, I'm sure.

PXL_20230630_012210694.jpg

16880886336133325214554455176144.jpg

1688088681725943455698536389955.jpg

26 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Thats just an XBlast Chip, not XBlast-Lite (2 different chips). ;)

BOWLSNAPPER. WTF. In görmany that parcel would return to sender right away.

The soldering on the header didn't look to good. Would guess that's causing the frag.

Thats what I suspected. Like it wasn't getting 5v. I reflowed. The only thing I can do is add more solder to the joints... They're connected, Sweet... What do you feel was lacking with the soldering?

Hey, he didn't have my name at the time. It made it...

24 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Maybe the pins and the header didn't make a good contact. Have that problem sometimes my self. 

Pin 10 actually looks like it's not soldered to the surrounding copper rung. Looks like solder is only on the pin. Lemmie hit that up and ill check back in...

Grounded D0 and brought my coma console back to life. That saved me from chucking it in the trash or salvaging it for RAM. That's a thread for another day. Probably tomorrow. Now I need to know if I can TSOP without a softmod kit and all that crap. I just wanna softmod my HDD so I can flash. But that's my black console.

I'm still trying to get my LPC to work on my 2nd Halo console... Would trace rot have anything to do with my issues? I had to bypass the a,b and c traces up front. Is the rot possibly making it impossible to boot from my lpc, too?

PXL_20230630_071608828.jpg

PXL_20230630_072613737.jpg

There is a LOT of corrosion from the clock cap... I may have to use my coma mobo that I revived and transplant it into my Halo console. Fuck it. I'll just have to get a softmod kit and try to softmod this 1.4 motherboard and TSOP flash it, using the Sweetdarkdestiny method. Unless you guys have a better suggestion?

PXL_20230630_085835574.jpg

PXL_20230630_085842493.jpg

I honestly thought this whole time that 1.6s were the pain in the ass... turns out it's 1.0s. lol. At least they have that 1MB flash... I dunno why MS bothered... they just used  copies of the same 256k bios. I appreciate that. :)

I have an update to this thread. I'll post it tomorrow, along with the revival of my Coma Console. 😛

5 hours ago, sixspeed said:

I had the chance to mess with an xblast today, installed into a 1.0 system. 

It won’t boot into xblast though and frags if the dvd drive is disconnected. 

IMG_2303.jpeg

The lpc on my halo 1.4 board is toast. Chip won't get good power. Light just sits there and flickers dimly in between frag resets. There is a lot of corrosion from the clock cap and I had to rain an utter fucking tsunami of alcohol on that board to clean it. It STILL looks like shit. I'm assuming a component that is in the 5v path or something is gonzo. I know the TSOP flash works though, so im gonna use Sweet's TSOP flashing package to take care of it... Or I'll solder a preflashed TSOP onto the board. Probably the latter. I need to start soldering .5mm pitch anyway.

... Wtf is your D0 soldered to? Lol. I can't get my chip's D0 to work with the normal point. I had to ground it. Which means I can't access my TSOP...