OGXbox.com

Xbox 1.0 3x Restart Flashing Red/Green

Kez

Hi,

I have an Xbox which I believe is 1.0 (fan on the GPU). It's one I've had for a while and used to be working, I had it softmodded and at some point it stopped working so I just put it in a cupboard and used a different one. Recently I thought I'd try to fix it. When I opened it the clock cap had of course leaked, but the corrosion didn't seem too serious. I removed it and cleaned up with no change. The symptoms are as follows:

• On power on, green light, it shuts off almost immediately, tries again, turns off again, on third boot it stays on and the light flashes green/red rapidly
  • Optical drive won't open
  • No video output
  • No change when IDE devices disconnected

I have tried a PSU from a known working system with no change, and cleaned the board thoroughly with IPA. Does anyone have any other suggestions that might help me out with this?

Thanks!

The version 1.0 doesn't have error code on the screen but it will flash the front led in slightly different patterns.

814654469_Xboxerrorleds.jpg.4a41baa066368586bceb1b8b1c579850.jpg

Check the led flashes and compare to the above chart

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

Hey, thanks for the responses! I've made quite a bit of progress with this...

The system never had a modchip, but I had an old Duo X2 modchip lying around, so I fitted that to the system. After that I was able to boot discs but not the dashboard, I was getting error codes related to the HDD. I'm not really sure what HDD is in here tbh, it may be that I took out the HDD when it failed and just put a random one in.. so maybe that's why I was having issues.

Anyway I used an OGXbox Installer disc to format the HDD and now it boots into custom dashboards fine and plays games from discs. I was wondering about possibly doing a TSOP flash and taking out the chip from here (assuming the TSOP is okay). If I wanted to do that, what would be the best way to go about it? Lock the HDD, remove the modchip, softmod and then flash the TSOP using the disc?

Sounds to me like your bios has been corrupted over time somehow and the Xbox has nothing to boot, causing the FRAG. You should connect the TSOP points and try to flash the stock bios back on it, or go with a much more modern bios. Cerbios is the most widely recommended these days. 

You could’ve unknowingly clicked the wrong button in a random menu and wiped the drive. Who knows. Give that a shot and I’ll think you’ll be all fixed up and back in business. 

23 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

The version 1.0 doesn't have error code on the screen but it will flash the front led in slightly different patterns.

814654469_Xboxerrorleds.jpg.4a41baa066368586bceb1b8b1c579850.jpg

Check the led flashes and compare to the above chart

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I NEVER knew that, Dave. Man I'm embarrassed!

Wow!. lol

11 hours ago, Kez said:

Hey, thanks for the responses! I've made quite a bit of progress with this...

The system never had a modchip, but I had an old Duo X2 modchip lying around, so I fitted that to the system. After that I was able to boot discs but not the dashboard, I was getting error codes related to the HDD. I'm not really sure what HDD is in here tbh, it may be that I took out the HDD when it failed and just put a random one in.. so maybe that's why I was having issues.

Anyway I used an OGXbox Installer disc to format the HDD and now it boots into custom dashboards fine and plays games from discs. I was wondering about possibly doing a TSOP flash and taking out the chip from here (assuming the TSOP is okay). If I wanted to do that, what would be the best way to go about it? Lock the HDD, remove the modchip, softmod and then flash the TSOP using the disc?

What's wrong with the chip? You want to use it to flash other consoles?

19 minutes ago, Kez said:

Yeah pretty much - I was thinking of giving this Xbox to a friend once I got it all working. The chip is the only one I have so would like to hold onto it in case I need it again!

Right on! Good thinking! :)

I'm pretty sure you can flash the TSOP from software in most installer discs... although I would defer to others here to answer that more directly. @sweetdarkdestiny

Let the mod chip in until you softmodded the console. So boot to a dash and launch the softmod installer from there. 

After that's done and the console shuts down power off the console when she reboots. Remove the chip and power her back up. When you are in the new softmod dashboard, launch an installer or just copy a bios to C:\bios and flash your TSOP with XBlastOS. 

35 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Let the mod chip in until you softmodded the console. So boot to a dash and launch the softmod installer from there. 

After that's done and the console shuts down power off the console when she reboots. Remove the chip and power her back up. When you are in the new softmod dashboard, launch an installer or just copy a bios to C:\bios and flash your TSOP with XBlastOS. 

...XBlast? Why not Cerbios? XBlast will not launch any software... He's trying to use the chip to flash the TSOP with a working bios and then remove the chip entirely.

7 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Ohhhh snappy. He should use XBlast to flash the Cerbios to his TSOP. Get your self a cup of coffee. 

"When you are in the new softmod dashboard, launch an installer or just copy a bios to C:\bios and flash your TSOP with XBlastOS. "

You said to flash his TSOP with XBlast... I'm lost...

Thanks for the advice all. I had a go at flashing the TSOP but I think the on board chip may be no good and why it wasn't working in the first place. Whenever I disconnect the modchip it goes back to FRAG.

I tried using the 3 wire trick to load different banks but all behaved the same - so I've decided I'll just leave the chip installed after all! I flashed it with Cerbios now.

• Like 1