OGXbox.com

Original xbox 3d printed parts repository

ShinGoutetsu

1 hour ago, LeOnOnE said:

Thank you so much. Now I just need to find a printing service locally that has transparent material. I plan to make a crystal remote to go with my Xerc2. 😁

I'm getting transparent Green, Crystal and Smoke PLA to start printing stuff like this with. Only thing is, I have to find a way to print the labeling for the buttons. I would also Like to find resin to print with since that will look amazingly clear. However, PLA will look kinda rough...

I would test print with PLA then get PCBWay to resin print one.  Buttons wise you could silicon cast an original button set, the really big issue is not the tampo print on the buttons, more the carbon contractors on the back of the buttons. Probably best to just case swap an original and live with the off white buttons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big F said:

I would test print with PLA then get PCBWay to resin print one.  Buttons wise you could silicon cast an original button set, the really big issue is not the tampo print on the buttons, more the carbon contractors on the back of the buttons. Probably best to just case swap an original and live with the off white buttons.

That's what I would do, is just clean all the internals and swap them over from a donor.

• Like 1

Why local,  local is likely to be a small operation with higher running costs and cheaper printers.  The big boys spend 100k on a printer top end model  buy ten and think nothing of it.  
Your small mom and pop service operating out of a spare room or a garage can’t compete with that . There are so many resin printing services online. Just post the files tell them what you want, pay and wait for the mail.

10 minutes ago, big F said:

Why local,  local is likely to be a small operation with higher running costs and cheaper printers.  The big boys spend 100k on a printer top end model  buy ten and think nothing of it.  
Your small mom and pop service operating out of a spare room or a garage can’t compete with that . There are so many resin printing services online. Just post the files tell them what you want, pay and wait for the mail.

Well, I think that's true, however, I would like to get better at resin printing and 3D printing in general. If I improve my skills I think I can make myself worth more and I think that's worth something :)

On 3/10/2024 at 12:26 AM, big F said:

https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/xbox-s-oem-controller-scan.3829/

Full scans of the S Controller.   

Shame its not the Duke.

Previous page (scan). I’ve not come across the PCBs 

7 hours ago, PRince404 said:

Has someone done a STL for the S Controller's body?

And a gerber for the PCB? 

I'd be really stoked if i couls just make my own controller from a broken one. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Well, I think that's true, however, I would like to get better at resin printing and 3D printing in general. If I improve my skills I think I can make myself worth more and I think that's worth something :)

That makes sense if you get your own gear then deffo practice practice practice 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dtomcat said:

Previous page (scan). I’ve not come across the PCBs 

Can a PCB be sent to one of these guys (PCBWay) and then reverse engineered, or is that a copyright issue? Remote PCBs are pretty basic... I suppose I could design my first ever PCB. 😛

15 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Can a PCB be sent to one of these guys (PCBWay) and then reverse engineered, or is that a copyright issue? Remote PCBs are pretty basic... I suppose I could design my first ever PCB. 😛

Controller's PCB are only two sided right? They don't seem Multi layer. 

18 hours ago, PRince404 said:

Has someone done a STL for the S Controller's body?

And a gerber for the PCB? 

I'd be really stoked if i couls just make my own controller from a broken one. 

What would be an example of a broken controller?

8 hours ago, PRince404 said:

Controller's PCB are only two sided right? They don't seem Multi layer. 

I was actually referring to the DVD remote. I think the controller boards are both double-sided, yes.

2 hours ago, dtomcat said:

Not that I’m aware of.  You could sand one down and scan it… and recreate it inside KiCad

Thats how I have done it in the past, although I didnt use KiCad.  KiCad is the tool to use though as it has the option of essentially tracing the image making it into a cloned board.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, big F said:

Thats how I have done it in the past, although I didnt use KiCad.  KiCad is the tool to use though as it has the option of essentially tracing the image making it into a cloned board.

Yep!  I have a board someone sent me that I still need to do (been months… sorry). Having a baby has stole so much me time lol 

9 hours ago, dtomcat said:

Yep!  I have a board someone sent me that I still need to do (been months… sorry). Having a baby has stole so much me time lol 

PXL_20240312_082903606.jpg

PXL_20240312_082851568.jpg

PXL_20240312_082821134.jpg

Even the "DVD" and "Xbox" logo made it. However, these supports are fuckin KILLING me. They left crap all over the inside of the casing. And the resin got cloudy for some reason. I have a ways to go here...

• Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 10:03 AM, Bowlsnapper said:

I'm getting transparent Green, Crystal and Smoke PLA to start printing stuff like this with. Only thing is, I have to find a way to print the labeling for the buttons. I would also Like to find resin to print with since that will look amazingly clear. However, PLA will look kinda rough...

I guess I could just hand paint the button labels, let me know if you come up with a better solution. I'm very much a noob.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 10:59 PM, Nier said:

I did find a 3d print of a custom made fan shroud for the ogxbox at reddit I believe (couldn't find the url). I'll the stl file and a virus total check link. Also look into the maddysudz zip file that I linked above. It has 4 different fan shroud stl files that you can look into.

VirusTotal check: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/0b42cbcdd44ca142d08ee934b04ce690697855ca6bfadaea4f124ad1598545fd?nocache=1

xbox fan shroud 1.jpg

xbox fan shroud 2.jpg

cooler-shroud-upright.stl 5.06 kB · 44 downloads

Just a heads up, the provided .stl file, is not for the fan shroud in the picture. It is for the version that the designer said was not ideal and did not work well. If anyone has the .stl for the the upright fan shroud in the picture, that would be greatly appreciated. 

Note: it is the same in Maddy’s provided .stl pack as well. I checked them all and apparently was just labeled incorrectly from the start. 

14 hours ago, MadMartigan said:

Just a heads up, the provided .stl file, is not for the fan shroud in the picture. It is for the version that the designer said was not ideal and did not work well. If anyone has the .stl for the the upright fan shroud in the picture, that would be greatly appreciated. 

Note: it is the same in Maddy’s provided .stl pack as well. I checked them all and apparently was just labeled incorrectly from the start. 

Are those not both the same model? I'm confused...

• 2 weeks later...