OGXbox.com

XeniumMods v3.xx SneakPeak!

NeMesiS

4 minutes ago, NeMesiS said:

AIL4fc-ALoI2oSTh6SmfQP9L5chhUbRAcyLVpAvy

AIL4fc8mGED3EsNMM3m8KfJ_BlPZ9geqQRTtvr8a

Use "RPi Imager" to install "RPi OS Lite 32bit" onto an SD card.
Before writing the image click on the cog icon for settings.
Enable SSH then setup username and password. (This will also be your FTP login.)
Finally configure your wireless settings, save and write the image.

Notes: I could have created an image but it's best to do a fresh install using RPi imager
to enable SSH and setup Wifi as the RPi Zero only has micro USB ports so connecting
a mouse and keyboard is not so straight forward. And if you don't have a Linux machine
to read an "ext" formatted SD card you can FTP into the device via Wifi.

This community needs you, Nem. :)

Insert the SD card and connect the USB cable to the "RPi Zero".
Once the "RPi Zero" has booted SSH into the device via terminal.
Input the following commands and follow further instruction.

Notes: I was able to check connected devices on my router to get the IP of RPi.
It might take a few minutes for the RPi Zero to boot up for the first time.
The RPi Zero aren't very fast so this process takes a little while.
Much of the time is spent updating the distro, download and compiling X-P.
I'm actually using Linux sub-system on Windows 11 for this (left hand side).

AIL4fc_Mk6JwnhRrLFuu5s6DHQpk9KkBrTfZYTMu

I've included a reference schematic for people to use, even though I don't OpenSource my
hardware designs I have no intention of stopping anyone else from doing one for themselves.
I tried to do it in a way that they can either refer to the XeniumICE edge connector or the
OpenXenium pin headers, it should be very straight forward.

Notes: If one where to do a PCB design, you dont have to stick to the GPIO used.
it's possible to rearrange the GPIO to better suit your PCB design as I did.
The 100uF capacitor helps with brown outs, I added the other 0805 capacitors
just for the sake of trying to use up components I would otherwise have no use for.

Download "XeniumPGR - v1.0.zip" from the link below:

https://mega.nz/file/0fwCjYAY#UuqczDFnYAF8c5h17pwUpBe_Jzlnr6QGpSBofCNjT-M

37 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

This community needs you, Nem. :)

Thanks mate, but I'm just one piece of the puzzle. None of this would be possible
without the combined efforts of countless contributors over the past 20 years.
It's common practice for one to continue projects when previous dev's have moved on.

Edited by NeMesiS
  • Thanks 1

AIL4fc9Huk2uvs3vM0wzVrxS_U5ra37gJ20WGen7

Been busy for the last couple of days getting together what I can for the test kits
and finishing up those dual fan caddy kits in the background. I've been throwing in
a few extras for people to try out including those Xenium jewels.

Still awaiting one last parcel which has the last of the Xilinx's for the modchip
and ADV7511's for the HDMI mod. But there's plenty to do in the meantime.

• Like 4

AIL4fc9zdpEhTSJNL1cu_DuvMr2Yfr5qMJUBKcFB

AIL4fc8VdNeEyHmPbBHq53SEOCieMmYQhkfrTI8q

Just before I placed the PCB order I managed to throw in a quick adaptor design for the ST-Link v2.
I had a bit of fun with it, I really didn't need to add the LED and capacitors. Either way I'll be
including one of these along with a ST-Link v2 for each of the test kits that will be going out...

Edited by NeMesiS
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/23/2023 at 7:28 PM, NeMesiS said:

AIL4fc9zdpEhTSJNL1cu_DuvMr2Yfr5qMJUBKcFB

AIL4fc8VdNeEyHmPbBHq53SEOCieMmYQhkfrTI8q

Just before I placed the PCB order I managed to throw in a quick adaptor design for the ST-Link v2.
I had a bit of fun with it, I really didn't need to add the LED and capacitors. Either way I'll be
including one of these along with a ST-Link v2 for each of the test kits that will be going out...

I guess the st-link is a jtag programmer, but used for what in this instance?

1 hour ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I guess the st-link is a jtag programmer, but used for what in this instance?

It's his way of skirting around directly violating copyright (yes, Dustin does something similar by having people upload their 5858 kernel for Stellar, but it's not the same thing) by distributing the MakeMHz HD+ firmware on them. Instead, Nem plans on shipping people programmers with a link to download the MakeMHz software because Nem didn't/won't write his own; strange how the MakeMHz firmware works without modification on Nem's hardware if it isn't a clone 🤔

It's going to be a similar situation with Nem's Xenium modchip using Dustin's XeniumOS fixes, but I bet he just ships those with it pre-installed anyways because it's less noticeable to end-users now that he's removed the MakeMHz branding :P

21 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Couldn't help yourself, could you? 😛 I notice that the gigantic post he made has none of its concerns being addressed by you or Ryzee

How do you know he's using Dustin's firmware again? How can we all be sure, reading your comment publicly, that Nem is guilty of stealing firmware? You're posting publicly so you obviously want people to view this. That's your reason for doing it. If it's so obvious that he's doing something wrong why do you continually feel the need to point out that it's wrong? 

This thread doesn't need this shit, so maybe I should start a thread for this purpose. If you ignore it and keep posting in this thread with this stupid garbage, then I am going to be a conspiracy theorist and assume that you are connected to MakeMHZ and are trying to discredit and defame the source of your competition, which is the oldest trick in the book: If your project is not superior in any way, discredit the competiion.

Please stop posting this crap in this thread. We're not trying to read it here. I know you're posting it here in order to discredit his work as effectively as possible since the thread supposed to be showcasing and chronicling his achievements and it's the center of all that. You and Ryzee are the only ones posting negative bullcrap in this thread. We know what you would like people to believe. We don't give a fuck. You are not a lawyer. You are not the modding scene IP ethics police.  If anybody is guilty of being an asshole it's Dustin. Why are you defending him? You're posting these unfounded opinions in a particular thread where it's supposed to have the most effect possible to discredit his work. You are obviously working with MakeMHZ. Quit making yourself look like an asshole by posting unfounded accusations of Nemesis ripping shit off. Quit while you're ahead please.

They're not unfounded claims, and I seem to have touched another nerve simply stating the facts. The XeniumOS theft without attribution can be easily verified via Nem's own picture above depicting V2.3.5, and with the HDMI stuff you'll find out soon enough once they're in production and he doesn't have his own software to write to them 🤷‍♂️

The Xenium modchip hardware itself looks great though, so it's not all bad :P

42 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Quit making yourself look like an asshole by posting unfounded accusations of Nemesis ripping shit off. You have literally NO PROOF of this. This is NOT going to turn out the way you think it is. He is not going to release a product that uses Dustin's firmware. It would be discoverable and it would make him look bad.

I know you don't know any better so it's fine you think otherwise, but he will release products with other people's closed-source software, and it's not going to make him look bad as we will just have transitioned to the last step of the narcissist's prayer.

• Haha 1

I respect Nemesis and do not wanna contribute to the decay of this thread. I've deleted my posts.

Let this be on Ernegien alone. I have faith that the truth will end up being the most powerful opinion in this thread and among all of us. That will take time... nobody can reasonably claim that they've predicted the future. This is being done in bad faith and I truly hope that people see this for what it is, and are not fooled by bold, confident claims. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ernegien said:

It's going to be a similar situation with Nem's Xenium modchip using Dustin's XeniumOS fixes, but I bet he just ships those with it pre-installed anyways because it's less noticeable to end-users now that he's removed the MakeMHz branding

7 hours ago, Ernegien said:

They're not unfounded claims, and I seem to have touched another nerve simply stating the facts. The XeniumOS theft without attribution can be easily verified via Nem's own picture above depicting V2.3.5, and with the HDMI stuff you'll find out soon enough once they're in production and he doesn't have his own software to write to them

6 hours ago, Ernegien said:

I know you don't know any better so it's fine you think otherwise, but he will release products with other people's closed-source software, and it's not going to make him look bad as we will just have transitioned to the last step of the narcissist's prayer.

Sounds like to me that MakeMHz is trying to claim ownership over "XeniumOS" with the sole purpose of hindering the community as they have absolutely zero use for it.

"xenium-update" by Dustin is OpenSource and covered under GNU licensing.

ADCreHdjFGURHQo0Zux6fp3WH3ZFoIJ1mMbQiHH2

ADCreHfBPl3niSE_6gZ2kunaX4vDxdppJTkTtc79

And this what I get in return for OpenSourcing my work on the Xenium-Programmer (aka XeniumPGR) to the community.

ADCreHfKwp0yky-grm8Crn4aRHOHsW997Ou0tdrC

ADCreHdudVD3p_4HXgE3833vhaOl3FrzpxzuT5MQ

I haven't supplied anything that wasn't already on GitHub other than my own works.

ADCreHddVsULMn7EOh80KLkPuIb1uwX_zj7lomd6

ADCreHezrzP7GqgTK6qVaElwSLRbUrvaHdZh3WgV

It wouldn't surprise me if MakeMHz starts attacking OGXbox related GitHubs in the near future!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Ernegien said:

Dustin knows all about that prayer! I saw him try to pull it on Andy in the email where she confronted him. Lmk if you need a copy!

Kinda hilarious you chose that reference of all things lmao.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The licking of Dustin’s asshole is mind blowing.

Yall are so pressed about someone else doing something, but don’t call out his bullshit whatsoever.

Wheres his opensource that isn’t just a hex array? What about the decomp project files for XeniumOS?

“We don’t want drama” but you’ll lick pineapple flavored boots and bring drama. Got it.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Milenko said:

The licking of Dustin’s asshole is mind blowing.

Yall are so pressed about someone else doing something, but don’t call out his bullshit whatsoever.

Wheres his opensource that isn’t just a hex array? What about the decomp project files for XeniumOS?

“We don’t want drama” but you’ll lick pineapple flavored boots and bring drama. Got it.

Here,It’s only a gang of 2 or 3 that I see .

I agree though. 
It must be tasty 😆🍍

• Haha 1

Hope mods delete those posts above. Seriously guys? Come on, not the place.

My main concern with all this personally is not really the cloning, it's doing it without credit to the original author. It's actively removing credits and attributions. It's trying to hide the obvious fact it is a clone. It's then talking shit about the author in the same breath.

It's not a good precedence to set in a community imo. If someone is unpopular/does things you don't agree in with it's fair game to use all their work without credit?

If they said they were going open source it and it hasn't been done (yet) its still hard to justify stealing it because at this point in time it's not open source. I can see you trying to reference GPL licensing which requires all works to retain attribution to the author and any changes must also be licensed under GPL which you are actually breaking by removing the authors reference then uploading to mega with no credit (if I was to nitpick). I'm not sure the "correct" way to do this but probably a fork with git history showing your changes with credit to the original author somewhere because you are still using the web GUI patches and self destruct patches. I doubt it would have been taken down in that case. Even MakeMhz providing close source stuff for you to use as a reference should have some gratitude though otherwise you'd have nothing.

No one is entitled to Xbox hdmi kits obviously. Anyone can and is encouraged to make one. But the reality is MakeMhz is entitled to his HDMI kit, until the time he chooses to open source it and depending on the licence he chooses even then you'd still be required to retain attribution to the author for sure. Also my HDMI mod is not a clone of his or vice versa. This needs no further explanation and it's abundantly clear it was designed independently.

I know ill get a wall of text with all the bad things MakeMhz has done to justify all this but who the fuck cares. Make you own things even if it feels like reinventing the wheel and you won't have to deal with it at all.

Rest assured if someone was cloning Nems work without attribution and talking shit about him and removing any reference to him as the original author id be in that thread too calling it out. Same with anyone.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ryzee119 said:

Hope mods delete those posts above. Seriously guys? Come on, not the place.

My main concern with all this personally is not really the cloning, it's doing it without credit to the original author. It's actively removing credits and attributions. It's trying to hide the obvious fact it is a clone. It's then talking shit about the author in the same breath.

It's not a good precedence to set in a community imo. If someone is unpopular/does things you don't agree in with it's fair game to use all their work without credit?

If they said they were going open source it and it hasn't been done (yet) its still hard to justify stealing it because at this point in time it's not open source. I can see you trying to reference GPL licensing which requires all works to retain attribution to the author and any changes must also be licensed under GPL which you are actually breaking by removing the authors reference then uploading to mega with no credit (if I was to nitpick). I'm not sure the "correct" way to do this but probably a fork with git history showing your changes with credit to the original author somewhere because you are still using the web GUI patches and self destruct patches. I doubt it would have been taken down in that case. Even MakeMhz providing close source stuff for you to use as a reference should have some gratitude though otherwise you'd have nothing.

No one is entitled to Xbox hdmi kits obviously. Anyone can and is encouraged to make one. But the reality is MakeMhz is entitled to his HDMI kit, until the time he chooses to open source it and depending on the licence he chooses even then you'd still be required to retain attribution to the author for sure. Also my HDMI mod is not a clone of his or vice versa. This needs no further explanation and it's abundantly clear it was designed independently.

I know ill get a wall of text with all the bad things MakeMhz has done to justify all this but who the fuck cares. Make you own things even if it feels like reinventing the wheel and you won't have to deal with it at all.

Rest assured if someone was cloning Nems work without attribution and talking shit about him and removing any reference to him as the original author id be in that thread too calling it out. Same with anyone.

What I see “you don’t get” is there is no final product yet and NO need to praise anyone at this stage. Maybe once there is a final saleable item then this may happen. Until that point in time,you guys need to back off with your drama. NeM has no need to mention anyone at this stage nor provide “attribution”! What would that be needed for at this point in time? There is NO product to give “attributes” for at the moment. Yourself and the other few are conspiring on what NeM has or has not done without there even being an item! I said earlier in the piece. F off,mind your own business and take your butthurt opinion elsewhere,where someone gives a shit!

I’m over you knob jockeys bitching about something that is not even something yet and may not be. FFS

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ryzee119 said:

Okay but alot of promises have been made, photos have been shared publicly and attempted testing has been done on live stream. Even design, testing and verification against someone else's work if done publicly should warrant some attribution?

I’m not going to argue with you bud! See above post. I made it plain and simple 

Seeing that you're a moderator for MakeMHz are you speaking on Dustin's behalf?

1 hour ago, Ryzee119 said:

If they said they were going open source it and it hasn't been done (yet) its still hard to justify stealing it because at this point in time it's not open source.

There's a good chance that people bought into MakeMHz's HDMI with the expectations of it being OpenSourced.
I can see why there has been so much backlash, as far as people knew they were supporting an OpenSourced
project. Instead, Dustin chose to take advantage of he's own customers with false and misleading claims.

Essentially defrauding people! (again...)

I'm not sure the "correct" way to do this but probably a fork with git history showing your changes with credit to the original author somewhere because you are still using the web GUI patches and self destruct patches. I doubt it would have been taken down in that case.

Dustin has had years to OpenSource the project but if I don't do something within 1-week you guys attack me?
And (when) he does OpenSource the project what was the point of any of this... credit?

Show me where MakeMhz credits teamxodus!

ADCreHeFlNym-4x9VAbtS78_tJLGRle4zvNK7o71

ADCreHfOy9xPj8XLI-xp9qhBztQ22URMzx7BM-QY

Are you fucking serious, isn't that exactly what MakeMhz did with teamxodus?

What right did Dustin have to purchase teamxodus domain and redirect it to his site?
This is all because MakeMHz was removed from XeniumOS...
All I did was return it back to it's original state giving the original authors the credit they disserved!
And what the fuck does that matter when Dustin stole that too?
So, it's perfectly acceptable for MakeMHz to steal people's work and take credit for it?

They obviously can't even live up to their own expectations!

Edited by NeMesiS
  • Like 1