OGXbox.com

XeniumMods v3.xx SneakPeak!

NeMesiS

1 minute ago, NeMesiS said:

Is it one of mine? Does it say "NeMesiS" on it?

Here's a user guide: XeniumOS User Guide - Rev 2.0.pdf | DocDroid

oh I apologize it is not one of yours. I didn't realize. I shouldn't have asked that here.

that guide is covering xeniumOS but I am looking for the guide for the chip itself. what all the connectors are for, how to flash it with different firmwares what the switch on it does etc.

Just now, lopenator said:

oh I apologize it is not one of yours. I didn't realize. I shouldn't have asked that here.

that guide is covering xeniumOS but I am looking for the guide for the chip itself. what all the connectors are for, how to flash it with different firmwares what the switch on it does etc.

Can you post an image of the modchip?

AIL4fc-iF7gDybwIYHd6mXwMxi50BtTO24ovTf1Z

AIL4fc9H4oh2za7tNRWMgLzvmryNabqPX2n9-FsD

AIL4fc9FbhSDOh__e42dih0AcTZNGBDu-5nB55Ss

Little off topic but I got myself a larger Ultrasonic Cleaner so that I can fit a whole motherboard.

The idea is to give the mobo a good clean in the UC with solution, rinse under hot water then dry in the reflow oven at 60 degrees for 90 minutes. Not done this before, the reflow oven should be done shortly for me to see if the mobo still boots.

Edited by NeMesiS
  • Like 3

Hi there, just saw this shared on Twitter, quick question, will this be like the other HDMI mods where you have to remove the AV port from the motherboard, or will your solution allow for both a HDMI port and regular Xbox AV port? (I imagine not at the same time obviously)

Only ask because I sometimes like to hook my Xbox up to a CRT, and removing the AV port pretty much kills that unless I want to mess about with HDMI -> Composite/Component adapters or some other janky solution.

1 minute ago, nzgamer41 said:

Hi there, just saw this shared on Twitter, quick question, will this be like the other HDMI mods where you have to remove the AV port from the motherboard, or will your solution allow for both a HDMI port and regular Xbox AV port? (I imagine not at the same time obviously)

Only ask because I sometimes like to hook my Xbox up to a CRT, and removing the AV port pretty much kills that unless I want to mess about with HDMI -> Composite/Component adapters or some other janky solution.

Firstly, if I were to design something as such it would depend on if there is any demand for it.

Secondly, fitment will require some cutting to the console in order to fit extra connectors.

Thirdly, I havent gotten a working prototype of the HDMI mod as yet. One thing at a time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NeMesiS said:

Firstly, if I were to design something as such it would depend on if there is any demand for it.

Secondly, fitment will require some cutting to the console in order to fit extra connectors.

Thirdly, I havent gotten a working prototype of the HDMI mod as yet. One thing at a time.

No worries, thank you for the response! It all sounds interesting nonetheless!

9 hours ago, NeMesiS said:

AIL4fc9mjSeQwjzlZ9QcJPr5DdpIj6uzHZTXIkl4

I sent off a handful of parcels to some volunteers to try out some of my 3D prints, in particular the Dual 80mm Fan Caddy and everything necessary to make it work. I'll be posting some quick install guides...

I still have one parcel for anyone interested it testing.

I will gladly take the last parcel off your hands, if you still have it and you are willing to post to the UK :)

14 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

I will gladly take the last parcel off your hands, if you still have it and you are willing to post to the UK :)

Sure... I'll PM you..

6 hours ago, Rredherring32 said:

Per GPL V3.0 I'd like to request that (If this is based on Ryzee119's work hosted on GitHub) design files and source files be provided/released. As this is a requirement of said project. 

Seeing that I've put thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours into my designs... No...

Unless of course you could reimburse me for my efforts?

What project are you even referring to?

I did the XeniumICE modchip design before there was an OpenXenium

The 3D printed designs are of my own.

As for the HDMI mod, it more resembles the MakeMhz XboxHD+ rather than Ryzee119's.

I previously mentioned that there will be similarities because we are all using the same datasheets as reference. Are datasheets covered by GPL v3.0?

However, I am working on it being compatible with Ryzee119's firmware for the HDMI mod so that the community can work together on an OpenSource firmware in the future.

I also mentioned in a previous post that I do NOT open source my hardware designs.

Personally, I don't have a problem with donating to Ryzee119 directly. I tried to hint this to him on he's GitHub but he either wasn't interested or didn't get the hint as I was trying to avoid talking about money in a public domain.

EDIT: I don't want to be in the position where I OpenSource my works just to have some guy that contributed nothing mass produce my designs and profit from it, where I can't even recoup the costs of creating the project in the first place. I may as well call it quits now...

Edited by NeMesiS
  • Like 5

AIL4fc-aYj7nU5QK0vhLpoYhITuY89wNx5EiVRHB

AIL4fc_YX6rHXTONwPpsglCB2mR-rPcQuWzHOFRf

The v1.6 flex cable is pretty close, the two resistor arrays in the middle are fine. The one on the left could go outward 0.2mm and the one on the right could go 0.4mm outward.

I rushed the install so excuse my soldering as I just wanted to quickly test the fitment. I'll likely remove it and install a MakeMHz cable to see how it compares.

• Like 3

I'm in Australia and although I've already installed the MakeMHz HDMI mod I've also recorded it with the intention of releasing a video for my future channel on YouTube. In any case I'd be happy to test your HDMI mod out.

I'm not necessarily a fan of needing a modchip for the purpose of getting better HDMI support e.g. MakeMHz kernel patches or their new project. They are cool to have but if there is an HDMI mod that does not require any of those and works 100% then I think that is a much better approach.

For the other mods, if I get myself another Xbox for testing then I'd be happy to test those as well.

Howdy, I'm an Aussie as well would be happy to test anything you may have been in the XBox scene since about 04 :P

Just dug my old ones out and did a full recap and some much needed TLC all operational again hehe

One idea that comes to mind if you wanted to avoid a soldering method is you could design a clip like what's used for dumping NAND on the 360 and Wii https://www.360-clip.com/

But you'd have to do it pretty well with something that can apply downward pressure constantly.

The 3D brackets are really of interest to me, I've printed a few 40mm adapter brackets for the passive heatsink on the >1.1 revisions because the GPU gets insanely hot and I've never liked that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trycatch said:

One idea that comes to mind if you wanted to avoid a soldering method is you could design a clip like what's used for dumping NAND on the 360 and Wii https://www.360-clip.com/

That’s an interesting point. I’ve used the wiiclips a few times and they were a really easy plug and play solution. I wonder what the potential/drawbacks would be in this scenario

On 7/11/2023 at 2:48 AM, NeMesiS said:

There's also a DVD pcb module that connects to the DVDrom cable, this helps prevent XBMC, etc. from crashing when using file manager. Not sure if Cerbios has a fix for this.

Yes, you can edit this line in the cerbios.ini:

; Drive Setup 
; 0 = HDD & DVD,  1 = HDD & No DVD (Legacy Mode), 2 = HDD & No DVD (Modern Mode), 3 = Dual HDD 
DriveSetup = 2

The modern mode removes the whole dvd code out of the bios so you don't have the stutter and freezes in the dash menu. So with cerbios there is no need for the pcb.

Edited by Dempsey_86
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1