OGXbox.com

Can not change resolution in UnleashedX

cch2001.tw

Hello guys, I finished OG XBOX softmod few days ago, thanks for some buddy in forum.

Currently, I had another one question, in unleashedX GUI can not change resolution. I tried to search the solution, that should be go back MS dashboard to change, but my question is my unleashedX menu had no MS dashboard this item.

I also check C drive, but no MS dashboard files can execute.So, I copy my C drive backup files (before softmod) and execute MS dashboard in unleashedX file explorer, result is show errorcode12, can not enter MS dashboard. Could you help me to how to change high resolution? thank you.

PhotoGrid_Site_1686367086919.jpg

55 minutes ago, cch2001.tw said:

Hello guys, I finished OG XBOX softmod few days ago, thanks for some buddy in forum.

Currently, I had another one question, in unleashedX GUI can not change resolution. I tried to search the solution, that should be go back MS dashboard to change, but my question is my unleashedX menu had no MS dashboard this item.

I also check C drive, but no MS dashboard files can execute.So, I copy my C drive backup files (before softmod) and execute MS dashboard in unleashedX file explorer, result is show errorcode12, can not enter MS dashboard. Could you help me to how to change high resolution? thank you.

PhotoGrid_Site_1686367086919.jpg

Error 12 seems to be a DVD ROM circuitry failure.

Like the PCB is bad. Or it's not setup correctly, like jumper settings are wrong.

But the place to start when editing video settings is with the eeprom, i.e., the MS Dash.

3 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Like the PCB is bad. Or it's not setup correctly, like jumper settings are wrong.

But the place to start when editing video settings is with the eeprom, i.e., the MS Dash.

Thanks, but if console run unleashedX, that is normal and no show error12, only run MS dash had this issue. I will try to reassemble and test, thank you 

5 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

By the way, I already change new HDD, not sure if use MS dash will affect and show erreor12 or not, thanks.

There's no impact by use UnleashedX for my console (new HDD)

Edited by cch2001.tw

I suspect the cause of you not being allowed to change resolution options with the UnleashX dash is simply because you're using an SD (Standard Definition) type AV cable ie. AV Composite or SCART/SCART RGB or S-Video which only support 480i/576i (NTSC & PAL60/PAL50).

You need to be using a Component cable to get any of the ED/HD screen display options ie. 480p, 720p and 1080i.

1 hour ago, HDShadow said:

I suspect the cause of you not being allowed to change resolution options with the UnleashX dash is simply because you're using an SD (Standard Definition) type AV cable ie. AV Composite or SCART/SCART RGB or S-Video which only support 480i/576i (NTSC & PAL60/PAL50).

You need to be using a Component cable to get any of the ED/HD screen display options ie. 480p, 720p and 1080i.

... No...

2 hours ago, HDShadow said:

I use that, HDMI adapter. Seller said that had support HDMI, but still can not switch to other settings for high resolution ...

PhotoGrid_Site_1686406146281.jpg

10 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Already confirmed all connector are correct, I copy backup file to run (MS dash), still show errors, now is error 21

8 hours ago, cch2001.tw said:

I use that, HDMI adapter. Seller said that had support HDMI, but still can not switch to other settings for high resolution ...

PhotoGrid_Site_1686406146281.jpg

You must enable the higher resolutions in the stock dashboard or XBMC to use them.  UnleashX's settings are for UnleashX only and don't enable the configuration EEPROM settings to use 480p, 720p or 1080i.  It only allows them to be used for UnleashX when already enabled in the Xbox's Configuration Settings. 

Edit: And, the video output type must be NTSC, not PAL.

• Like 2

To enable ED/HD settings whatever the, not mentioned before, HDMI adapter being used allows in regards to resolution options, it is acting exactly like a Component cable.  It must use the same mode select method: grounding pins 18 and 19, as the Xbox's ED/HD output options are only available, as said, when using a Component connections (see below).

screenshot.1.png.b7af07eaf9c159cc093731c8cb4feec1.png

The adapter is surely transcoding ie. converting analogue Component output to digital HDMI. At least that is how I've always thought they worked. If they don't how does it do that?   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HDShadow said:

To enable ED/HD settings whatever the, not mentioned before, HDMI adapter being used allows in regards to resolution options, it is acting exactly like a Component cable.  It must use the same mode select method: grounding pins 18 and 19, as the Xbox's ED/HD output options are only available, as said, when using a Component connections (see below).

screenshot.1.png.b7af07eaf9c159cc093731c8cb4feec1.png

The adapter is surely transcoding ie. converting analogue Component output to digital HDMI. At least that is how I've always thought they worked. If they don't how does it do that?   

Yes, it is a component converter in a box. You are correct. Analog to digital. That's supposed the be the appeal of MakeMHZ's HD+: An all digital path.

2 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Yes, it is a component converter in a box. You are correct. Analog to digital. That's supposed the be the appeal of MakeMHZ's HD+: An all digital path.

Thanks bro., I think bought fake one....maybe this adapter just transfer RGB resolution to HDMI output, actually, resolution is no change

6 hours ago, cch2001.tw said:

Thanks bro., I think bought fake one....maybe this adapter just transfer RGB resolution to HDMI output, actually, resolution is no change

:)

Well, I'm a little bit unsure of how you copied the MS dashboard to your Xbox. Is it a full installation? Is it just one XBE or some bare minimum to run the dashboard? Because if you change the video settings in there first, which edits the eeprom, then you should be able to follow that by changing the settings in dashboards and applications. However, if it's not a full MS dashboard, that may cause problems.

So how is it set up so far? Do you have a true MS dashboard to access? 

On 6/11/2023 at 10:56 AM, cch2001.tw said:

I doubt it is even RGB because the only connection type that uses RGB is SCART and that has a unique quirk when used with the UnleashX dash. It does allow you change the resolution settings (not the actual resolution) to 480p and/or 720p and/or 1080i and save it. However if you reload/restart it reverts the settings back to 480i.

This is a potentially useful feature in some circumstances but my point here is that if was RGB the ED/HD resolution options would available but in the OP the screenshot shows them greyed out, typical when using an AV Composite cable.