OGXbox.com

Hardmodded Xbox with Aladdin chip not reading burned discs or working with another hdd

BroerWolf

This is my second mod and I cannot for the life of me understand why the mod isn't working. Perhaps another modder would be able to help me out?

The Xbox already had a softmod and boots up in UnleashX

After the mod, the boot animation is showing the EvoX logo.

Updating the bios is no problem, installed updated EvoX M8 plus bios

Trying to boot from a Hexen, OG xbox install disc or Slayer's disc is not working.

OG xbox installer DOES work in the softmod

Trying another hdd gives an error 13 (160gb and 250gb ide, and sata 500gb drive with green adapter)

I tought the problem could be a problem with a solder joint or a short as a result of my soldering error. Went over them with multimeter, does not seem to be the case.

I'm at a loss right now trying to figure out what the problem is..

Cheers! That did the trick. I burned my install discs om dvd+r. Got myself a spindel of dvd-r this afternoon and OG xbox installer worked like a charm!

Also replaced the old 40 wire ide with a 80 wire ... should have done that anyway I guess tho. Just transfered 88 games on it, gonna do some more game testing. So far so good tho.

Edit: Got the Xbox working now with the Aladdin mod chip, cerbios, green sata2ide board and a 500gb WD hdd running Xbmc4gamers. 

Edited by BroerWolf
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, BroerWolf said:

Cheers! That did the trick. I burned my install discs om dvd+r. Got myself a spindel of dvd-r this afternoon and OG xbox installer worked like a charm!

Also replaced the old 40 wire ide with a 80 wire ... should have done that anyway I guess tho. Just transfered 88 games on it, gonna do some more game testing. So far so good tho.

Edit: Got the Xbox working now with the Aladdin mod chip, cerbios, green sata2ide board and a 500gb WD hdd running Xbmc4gamers. 

Green?... That's the budget version. Arg... :P

Glad it all works for you now. That warms my heart.

3 hours ago, BroerWolf said:

Yup a green sata2ide adaptor, was only 3 euro on the famous Chinese website and seems to work like a charm ... a litttle slow at times tho.

I mean definitely glad it works for you, but it may cause issues down the line that could be a bit difficult to diagnose if they came outta nowhere. But I shouldn't assume you're a dummy, not that I necessarily do... Just want people to be well off in their modding adventures. I got the startech because I didn't want any malarky to happen ever. And I think it was only like, 20 bucks. Plus it took 2 days to show up, which is good because I have the patience of a kindergartener. Haha.

How long does shipping take on that site? Like 5 weeks? I know it's long, due to the location...

2 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I mean definitely glad it works for you, but it may cause issues down the line that could be a bit difficult to diagnose if they came outta nowhere. But I shouldn't assume you're a dummy, not that I necessarily do... Just want people to be well off in their modding adventures. I got the startech because I didn't want any malarky to happen ever. And I think it was only like, 20 bucks. Plus it took 2 days to show up, which is good because I have the patience of a kindergartener. Haha.

How long does shipping take on that site? Like 5 weeks? I know it's long, due to the location...

I got the Startech one in my own Xbox, works really well I have to say with the 2tb drive. Was about 25 euro, local pc store carries them fortunately. I guess I wanted to see how bad the green ones are. Took about 2 or 3 weeks shipping I think, 3 euro included shipping.

Also got an hdmi converter from the same Chinese website (not sure if I can say it and break any forum rules or smth?). I just love it looks on my tv ❤️ can't stop playing Castlevania now lol.