I've got a couple boxes I threw some SSDs into recently and they don't load the dash, but as it says on the tin, only every OTHER time I turn it on.
Startup works normally up until AFTER the "X" logo.
Either the LED will stay solid green, and the screen will just be completely black forever (to be fair, only ever left it for about and hour while I was doing other stuff for giggles) OR the LED goes solid red like I've set it and loads UnleashX A-okay. Things both run like a champ in this state, haven't seen anything unusual, even the temps are great with stock paste.
This happens with:
- 2 brand new ADATA ASU655SS-480GT-C units, both of which were cloned from an IDE-based box with a 750GB seagate. The system they were cloned from was 1.6, softmodded with SID5, then upgraded to Rocky5. No issues on that console. These drives have NOT been tested in other functional consoles. Yet.
- Three 80-wire IDE cables, two of which were running active duty in other consoles prior to testing and one of which died for some reason during the test.
- Four IDE-SATA adapters - an HDE, a Startech IDE2SAT, and 2 Startech IDE2SAT2s (I haven't gone through the trouble of comparing ALL adapter and cable combos but at this point I don't think it matters)
- A 1.4 and 1.6 version console
- UnleashX Version 0.39.0528A Build 584, as installed by Rocky5's softmod
The fact that the LED stays green on the failed boot seems like the system somehow things everything is normal and the SSD has just... stopped? Somewhere? I'm not sure. I think maybe this could be related to the BIOS or DVD drive, as both consoles are only softmodded.
I plan to TSOP the 1.4 anyway, but I can't TSOP the 1.6 or (easily) remove its DVD drive, which I'm not inclined to do anyway as it works great. Wondering if anyone had some suggestions I perhaps haven't tried yet.
my xbox was the first console i bought with my own money. a few days ago it stopped working (cant recall the error) so i took the opportunity to upgrade the hdd. i kept a backup of the eeprom and i used the xboxhdm with the usb to sata cable.
worked somewhat fine, i got a "funtional" xbox with the dashboard. but i feel like im missing a bunch of things
for example: fable wont run (comes back to dashboard)
coin ops does the same
i no longer have an option to clean the cache neither i have the option to launch the m$ dashboard (i used to)
i have no idea what im suposed to do.
1.6b xbox, softmod only. im currently loading the hexen2019 in hopes that it has a "select this to INSTALL ALL THE THINGS" and be done with it.
I just introduced myself in the "new members" section. And now I have a bunch of questions covering different topics.
I have a softmodded XBOX that I modded like ten years ago. I do not remember what softmod, what exploit, did I tsop-flash...?
My setup is as follows: XBOX 1.2-1.5, 2.5"Sata-hdd, laptop-dvd-drive, VGA-connector on the back with a DIP-switch to choose vga-video-mode (so obviously i did a tsop-flash?), and usb-connectors on port 3 and 4.
Everything is running again after some major issues. The box is booting to xbmc 3.0 and I can watch movies and play games from HDD (I can not find my game-dvds).
But since I can not remember what softmod is installed, or what bios is flashed I want to start over. I only want to keep my games from the HDD.
My plans are as follows: backup games via FTP, backup eeprom, install a new softmod, NULL the hdd-code, ( I may want to upgrade the 160GB hdd at some point), rebuild the HDD from scratch, install the latest XBMC
is this the best order? what are the best methods for doing so? what software do I need (Tool-DVDs ?)