Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

preddy

Destroyed Lpc On V1.0

hi i have been given a v1.0 and someone removed a chip refilled lpc and and all box does if frag

is there any v1.0 lpc diagrams available

thx in advance

LPC Debug Port = Please login or register to see this link.

Filled holes doesn't mean it's destroyed.  V1.0 has no pin 4 as only on v1.6 consoles.

A TSOP reflash could have been attempted that failed.  Bad / missing BIOS - FRAG.

First, install a modchip using pin header install method.  Not guaranteed to fix the console though.

However, FRAG'ing can occur for so many reasons.  If any major system component fails during startup tests it is indicated.

Modchip install to check one possible erring major subsystem - TSOP/BIOS loading.

• Like 2

I'm having the same problem with a 1.0, it's last owner tried to install a header for install a chip on it and I think he has messed it up, anyone know where I can find altenative soldering points for the lpc port? (1.0)

2 hours ago, Quark said:

I'm having the same problem with a 1.0, it's last owner tried to install a header for install a chip on it and I think he has messed it up, anyone know where I can find altenative soldering points for the lpc port? (1.0)

what chip is it?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

• By dbrown1986
      UPDATE: The seller is sending me a replacement board. No longer required.
      Got sent a board from an eBay seller that is FRAGGING out of the box. Many loose capacitors and I fear more underlying problems.
      I need a v1.0 or v1.1 board, as all I have lying around are single ATX power supplies.
      TSOP flashed preferred, but if not, then EEPROM extracted, if possible.
      Please PM.
    • By AlaskaCC
      A friend gave me a v1.0 board that was causing problems for him.  I put it in a standard early case, attached everything and proceeded to test it.  I wanted to update the BIOS (TSOP) so I attempted to run the Hexen DVD.  The DVD tray would open, I placed the disk in the tray and pushed the button to close.  The Unleash X menu continued to show "Open".  I tried this with two known good working DVD drives - one a Samsung and the other a Hitachi..  I changed cables and PSU with no difference.  I also checked to see if there were any bent pins for the DVD power cable.  All good.  I switched-out the power button/DVD drive button harness.  No difference.  Then I tried a good Thomson DVD drive.  Everything worked flawlessly..  What is that all about?  Is there a different command structure for the early v1.0 boards that limits which DVD drives will correctly operate with them?

• By mikeaton
      I have a LPC Rebuild Board called the OXC LPCorrectr. I have included the files needed to have it made and it’s completely open sourced. .6 thick

OXC_LPCorrector_v2.zip

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.