Sign in to follow this  
Boghopperie

New Noob

Hi, just saying hello, I have my org xbox with xecutor chip working well for years and now i have Coinops 8 installed on it but have to access it using xbmc. Thought i was doing a smart thing by copying the default.xbe of coinops to the c: drive and renaming it  xboxdash.xbe but surprise surprise, locked out now. I have thankfully renamed the old xboxdash.xbe to a different name which i will try and rename once i can get into FTP again, (cant get in ). Ive used angry ip to find the ip address but i think im locked out. once i get permission i will use the hexen disc to give me FTP access and change back the way they were.

2 hours ago, Boghopperie said:

Ive used angry ip to find the ip address but i think im locked out. once i get permission i will use the hexen disc to give me FTP access and change back the way they were.

Without a replacement dashboard running which provides an FTP server, you cannot FTP to the console.

Download Hexen 2018, extract and burn the iso to DVD-R. BOOT it.  You'll see the IP address on the main screen assigned to the Xbox.  FTP to that IP address. 

Edited by KaosEngineer

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

• By RMM
      While tinkering with my Ndure softmodded Xbox, I have managed to mess something up with the files on the hard drive.  I now get error 21.  I'm not too concerned as I was sure to back up the eeprom.   What I would like to do is use something like xboxhdm to build a new hard drive but have the softmod files included when the hard drive was being built.  This way I simply put the hard drive in and I dont have to go through the process of softmodding all over again as it was included when I built the hard drive.  From there I will probably just go ahead and TSOP flash the Xbox to make any future issues easier to deal with.
      What would be the easiest way to do something like this?
    • By gsoliz25
      Brought out my Original Xbox from the closet.  Wanted to get a few games for it and update Hexen.  It's already soft modded.  I can't download yet, that sucks.
    • By TEK Nemesis
      Hi everyone!  I am absolutely thrilled that the original XBOX scene is still alive!
      I modded a bunch of XBOXs back in the day and I kept one of them.  It's a nice crystal XBOX with an X3 (with a 1MB 3294 BIOS) and the nice LED control panel.  I don't know why but back then I put a version 1.1 mobo in the crystal case.  Back then a popular addition was a little fan underneath the HDD when you did an IDE HDD upgrade so it still has one of those still.  (Nobody does that these days?)  The other day I started it up and it was okay but it froze on a half a dozen or so games.  At a closer glance, some of the file or folder names had some funky symbols so I thought to myself that I better replace the aging HDD.  I'm so happy to see the new hardware available.  I ordered a nice 80-wire cable and the SATA to IDE adapter and that arrived today.  I didn't have a single DVD-R in the house so I couldn't do the HDD installation easily.   Sure, hooking everything up was a charm.  I did a quick cleaning of the interior of the case and removed the clock cap.  Started it back up and I could only use the X3 BIOS to handle the HDD prep.  I had to use the X3 BIOS to FTP the new dash.  That was terrible but it worked in the end.  Huge problem trying to get the partition correct.  I recently flashed a bunch of different (and recommended) BIOSes and when I switched from one to another, it deleted what I had on the HDD and the partition size was different.  All BIOSes that I selected, to my knowledge, supported LBA48.  I used XBpartitioner 1.3 and also tried XBPTableWriter to write the table for those BIOSes that needed it.  It looks good right now but I'm hesitant to change to a different bank to try a different BIOS.  Anyways, in the near future, I'm doing that Noctua 80mm silent fan installation and I'll replace the thermal compound on the CPU and GPU.
      Glad to be here!
      Cheers!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.