OGXbox.com

What to format 1 TB hdd?

Aero_105

I did a recent xbox original upgrade v 1.6 with aladdin xt plus 2 mod chip from aliexpress, ide to sata adapter with 80 wire ide cable and finally a seagate 1 tb hdd.  I did an format on the hdd with ogxbox 2021 installation disc.  Through the process I selected format F drive with remaining space and skipped the G drive.  I checked xbpartitioner v 1.3 and found an ER code beside the 924 GB.  My options are in xbpartitioner v 1.3 without ER code are #1.  120 GB for F only #2.  120 GB for F only and 803 for G only.  I selected option #2. 

Would I run into problems down the road if I left the hdd with 924 GB with ER code?

I thought the modchip came with M8plus_16.bin with 06 where partition F take remaining space?

Does the partitions F and G under games merge on the same screen when selecting from menu?

Does the partitions given in xbpartitioner v 1.3 depend on the type of bios and type of hdd?

partition4.jpgpartition3.jpg

partition1.jpgpartition2.jpg

Edited by Aero_105

21 hours ago, Aero_105 said:

I did a recent xbox original upgrade v 1.6 with aladdin xt plus 2 mod chip from aliexpress, ide to sata adapter with 80 wire ide cable and finally a seagate 1 tb hdd.  I did an format on the hdd with ogxbox 2021 installation disc.  Through the process I selected format F drive with remaining space and skipped the G drive.  I checked xbpartitioner v 1.3 and found an ER code beside the 924 GB.  My options are in xbpartitioner v 1.3 without ER code are #1.  120 GB for F only #2.  120 GB for F only and 803 for G only.  I selected option #2. 

Would I run into problems down the road if I left the hdd with 924 GB with ER code?

I thought the modchip came with M8plus_16.bin with 06 where partition F take remaining space?

Does the partitions F and G under games merge on the same screen when selecting from menu?

Does the partitions given in xbpartitioner v 1.3 depend on the type of bios and type of hdd?

partition4.jpgpartition3.jpg

partition1.jpgpartition2.jpg

The options with ER should work after you execute the command Write Table & Format with XBPartitioner v1.3.  It is just showing that the current cluster size of that partition - most likely 16KBs - is in err.  UnleashX only supports formatting the extended partitions with 16KB clusters.  You have to use XBPartitioner v1.3 (edit: to reformat the extended partition(s) to fix the cluster size to the one actually required to support the size of the associated extended partition).

• 16KB clusters support a partition size up to 256GBs
  • 32KB clusters - >256GBs to 512GBs
  • 64KB clusters - >512GBs to 1,024GBs

If the wrong cluster size is in use once more than the cluster size's supported max. size of data is written to the partition, files will be corrupted on that extended partition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My xbox has 1TB drive and 900GB single F partition.

Benefits:

It will be easier to upgrade to 2TB drive if ever needed. Because you would only need to format additional partition.

XBMC will neatly alphabetically show games, when using single partition. When having two partitions  games will be sorted as separate. Making games appear not in alphabetical order (depends where you transfer A-B titles, etc.)

Many people have boot penalty, because of 1TB drive. But in my case, i use seagate skyhawk CMR based drive. Boots fast, no 1 minute loading.

• Thanks 1

I could not use Write Table & Format with XBPartitioner v1.3 to 924 GB initially.  When I write table and format to 06 being 120 GB and 07 being 803 GB then switched back to formatting a second time to 924 GB 64kb clusters then it worked with no ER code.  Good to know what UnleashX supports 16kb clusters.  Once properly formatted the xbox original now boots faster.  Thanks for the help.

• Like 1