OGXbox.com

SMD capacitor values?

fox

Curious if anyone knows the values for C4V3 for a 1.0 or 1.1 motherboard ( IIRC mine is 1.1 ).

I was replacing all the electrolytics on my xbox yesterday. While trying to desolder the lead-free crap on the through holes I accidentally nudged this part off one of its pads. I guess the desoldering braid touched it or something. Its back on now but cracked and I'm worried I'll need to replace it.

dfe.JPG

15 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

There is at least one who allways knows. :D 

C4V3 = 100 nf  

I'm not sure what you mean. What's the source for that number? I don't want to risk frying my console by adding something with a capacitance that could be way off.

1 hour ago, fox said:

I'm not sure what you mean. What's the source for that number? I don't want to risk frying my console by adding something with a capacitance that could be way off.

What he means, if you can bring yourself to believe it, is that he knows. That is sweet fucking darkdestiny. That guy does not post specific, unequivical info that he is not sure of... Especially capacitor values.

5 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

The source is a spare 1.1 mainboard I have laying around. So I desolderd that cap and messured it. 

hmm...

Your post history suggests this is not one of those internet tricks like telling someone to delete System32. Guess I'm buying some 0.1 uf then.

1 hour ago, fox said:

Your post history suggests this is not one of those internet tricks like telling someone to delete System32.

My post history is full of lies. You should never belive whats written on the internet. With one exception for the System32 folder thing, which you ofc should delete asap. After that, install Linux *.

* This post could have some sarcasm in it and maybe contain traces of nuts (Not to sure about the nuts though).

3 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

My post history is full of lies. You should never belive whats written on the internet. With one exception for the System32 folder thing, which you ofc should delete asap. After that, install Linux *.

* This post could have some sarcasm in it and maybe contain traces of nuts (Not to sure about the nuts though).

Fox's skepticism is pretty entertaining.

Windows 11 could absolutely reinforce that statement. At this point linux looks pretty good.

Nuts are good for you.

45 minutes ago, fox said:

I don't know what's entertaining. Nobody should ever trust anything, as a general rule in life.

Right. Well my first move would have been to check his history on this site BEFORE subtly stating that his intentions may be nefarious. Nobody scams or tricks people like that here, and if they did, they would quickly be banned. For that reason, i found your skepticism to be the exception, rather than the rule.

It's really not a big deal, which is why i found it entertaining rather than offensive or anything.

Edited by Bowlsnapper

well bowlsnapper, regardless of post history there's no harm in questioning someone on how he claims to know something in order to make a judgment based on his response, nor any offense intended, I do this with everyone online and IRL

I like how he specifically said he removed the capacitor before measuring it, but having a reputable post history in the technical area definitely helps back the claim, so that's that I guess

21 minutes ago, fox said:

well bowlsnapper, regardless of post history there's no harm in questioning someone on how he claims to know something in order to make a judgment based on his response, nor any offense intended, I do this with everyone online and IRL

I like how he specifically said he removed the capacitor before measuring it, but having a reputable post history in the technical area definitely helps back the claim, so that's that I guess

Fair enough. :) I question people and claims all the time.

It's funny seeing you address my name in your post like that. I dunno how anybody could ever take me seriously. Lol.

4 hours ago, fox said:

Hmmm..... I wrote " There is at least one who allways knows " which not only means me. There could also someone else who knows the answer to your question. (Maybe my spelling was just to bad at that point)

How ever, I have some spare boards of varius types laying around here (1.1/1.2/1.4/1.6) for parts etc. so I mostly can tell you what cap you need. Done that a lot of times already and will do in the fututre as well. Beside that, I write down the values of the caps I have desolderd for quicker access if someone ever need to know a value of one.

Regarding your statment " I like how he specifically said he removed the capacitor before measuring it " ..... You know that there are some LCR/ESR meter which can measure parts in circuit so you don't need to unsolder them. Yeah, these tools coast a penny but they do exist (And I like to have one of those :D ).

Finaly, like Bowlsnapper already wrote, I don't write BS (except it's marked as above) and if I would do, you can be sure that there are others here which would almost immediately post that I'm wrong. And if I would do such things on purpose, you can be sure that I would get banned asap. So - am I'm a person you can trust? Thats a question I can't and will not answer. That question is up to others, like you, to answer.