OGXbox.com

Aladdin chip has no emulator menu, several things locked behind password

alcatraz68

I have just FTP'd CoinOps 8 over to my newly mod chipped Xbox but there is no Emulator option in the menu so I can't load it. I can see an option to 'format' menu but it asks for a password to be entered to access it. Also I have 'HeXEN tools' and 'Ndure tools' but these too require passwords, although these require pressing buttons in the correct order.

Is there any commonly used passwords I can try to use or should I contact the seller I purchased the modchip off about this?

Best to chuck the HeXen disk in the trash and get the OGXbox installer v1.5.4 from here it's more up to date and no passwords needed.

https://1fichier.com/dir/mX1kipIz

If you must keep using a HeXen disk the password is

AYBX

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

6 hours ago, alcatraz68 said:

I have just FTP'd CoinOps 8 over to my newly mod chipped Xbox but there is no Emulator option in the menu so I can't load it. I can see an option to 'format' menu but it asks for a password to be entered to access it. Also I have 'HeXEN tools' and 'Ndure tools' but these too require passwords, although these require pressing buttons in the correct order.

Is there any commonly used passwords I can try to use or should I contact the seller I purchased the modchip off about this?

Which replacement dashboard is running?  UnleashX

If so, you have to edit its config.xml file to add an Emulators section to it.

FTP to the console and download the file, edit it, upload the updated version to overwrite the old file then reboot for the new menu  configuration to be used.

Find the start of the <Menu>...</Menu> section in the config.xml file.  In my config.xml file, the menu section looks like the following (Note: Add the <List Text="Emulators"...> ... </List> section to yours as seen below:

<Menu>
	<Item Action="LaunchDVD">Launch DVD</Item>
	<List Text="Games" Sort="On" Auto="On">
		<Path>E:\Games</Path>
		<Path>F:\Games</Path>
		<Path>G:\Games</Path>
		<Path>E:\HDDLoader</Path>
		<Path>F:\HDDLoader</Path>
	</List>
	<List Text="Emulators" Sort="On" Auto="On">
		<Path>E:\Emulators</Path>
		<Path>F:\Emulators</Path>
		<Path>G:\Emulators</Path>
	</List>
	<List Text="Applications" Sort="On" Auto="On">
		<Path>E:\Apps</Path>
		<Path>F:\Apps</Path>
		<Item Action="TextEditor">Text Editor</Item>
	</List>
	<List Text="System" Sort="Off" Auto="On">
		<Item Action="Settings">Settings</Item>
		<Item Action="SavesManager">Game Saves Manager</Item>
		<List Text="Misc" Sort="Off" Auto="On">
			<Item Action="FTPStop">Stop FTP</Item>
			<Item Action="FTPStart">Start FTP</Item>
			<Item Action="FTPReset">Reset FTP</Item>
			<Item Action="NETReset">Restart Network</Item>
			<Item Action="TrayClose">Close DVD Tray</Item>
			<Item Action="TrayOpen">Open DVD Tray</Item>
			<Item Action="CopyDVD">Copy Game Disc</Item>
		</List>
		<List Text="Format Menu" Sort="Off" Auto="On" Password="Xbox">
			<Item Action="Format" Arg1="X">Format X Drive</Item>
			<Item Action="Format" Arg1="Y">Format Y Drive</Item>
			<Item Action="Format" Arg1="Z">Format Z Drive</Item>
			<List Text="Format F Drive" Sort="Off" Batch="True">
				<Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="Format">Are you sure you want to format Drive F?</Item>
				<Item Action="MessageBox" Arg1="Format">Press OK to proceed with the format operation.</Item>
				<Item Action="Format" Arg1="F">Format F Drive</Item>
			</List>
			<List Text="Format G Drive" Sort="Off" Batch="True">
				<Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="Format">Are you sure you want to format Drive G?</Item>
				<Item Action="MessageBox" Arg1="Format">Press OK to proceed with the format operation.</Item>
				<Item Action="Format" Arg1="G">Format G Drive</Item>
			</List>
			<List Text="Format E Drive" Sort="Off" Batch="True">
				<Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="Format">Are you sure you want to format Drive E?</Item>
				<Item Action="Format" Arg1="E">Format E Drive</Item>
			</List>
		</List>
		<Item Action="Skins">Skins</Item>
	</List>
	<Item Action="FileManager">File Explorer</Item>
	<Item Action="C:\xboxdash.xbe">MS Dashboard</Item>
	<Item Action="Restart">Reboot</Item>
	<Item Action="Shutdown">Shutdown</Item>
</Menu>

There are two possible options for securing menu items from being executed accidently.  Requiring the user to enter a password or passcode (e.g., <List Text="menu item" Password="password"> or <List Text="menu item" Passcode="AYBX">).

If a password, a pop-up window opens requesting a Password to be entered using the onscreen keyboard and if a passcode, a pop-up wiindows opens requesting for the user to enter a Passcode. 

A password protected List element's Password attribute sets the password the user has to enter (e.g., Password="Xbox") to run the menu item. In the example, the password is Xbox which is case sensitive.  A passcode protected List element's Passcode attribute sets the passcode (controller button sequence) be used instead of a Password (e.g., Passcode="AYBX"). The user has to press the controller buttons sequentially - A Y B X - to access the protected menu item.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Best to chuck the HeXen disk in the trash and get the OGXbox installer v1.5.4 from here it's more up to date and no passwords needed.

https://1fichier.com/dir/mX1kipIz

If you must keep using a HeXen disk the password is

AYBX

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thanks i'll check it out. The password worked too.

19 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Which replacement dashboard is running?  UnleashX

If so, you have to edit its config.xml file to add an Emulators section to it.

FTP to the console and download the file, edit it, upload the updated version to overwrite the old file then reboot for the new menu  configuration to be used.

Find the start of the <Menu>...</Menu> section in the config.xml file.  In my config.xml file, the menu section looks like the following (Note: Add the <List Text="Emulators"...> ... </List> section to yours as seen below:

<Menu>
	<Item Action="LaunchDVD">Launch DVD</Item>
	<List Text="Games" Sort="On" Auto="On">
		<Path>E:\Games</Path>
		<Path>F:\Games</Path>
		<Path>G:\Games</Path>
		<Path>E:\HDDLoader</Path>
		<Path>F:\HDDLoader</Path>
	</List>
	<List Text="Emulators" Sort="On" Auto="On">
		<Path>E:\Emulators</Path>
		<Path>F:\Emulators</Path>
		<Path>G:\Emulators</Path>
	</List>
	<List Text="Applications" Sort="On" Auto="On">
		<Path>E:\Apps</Path>
		<Path>F:\Apps</Path>
		<Item Action="TextEditor">Text Editor</Item>
	</List>
	<List Text="System" Sort="Off" Auto="On">
		<Item Action="Settings">Settings</Item>
		<Item Action="SavesManager">Game Saves Manager</Item>
		<List Text="Misc" Sort="Off" Auto="On">
			<Item Action="FTPStop">Stop FTP</Item>
			<Item Action="FTPStart">Start FTP</Item>
			<Item Action="FTPReset">Reset FTP</Item>
			<Item Action="NETReset">Restart Network</Item>
			<Item Action="TrayClose">Close DVD Tray</Item>
			<Item Action="TrayOpen">Open DVD Tray</Item>
			<Item Action="CopyDVD">Copy Game Disc</Item>
		</List>
		<List Text="Format Menu" Sort="Off" Auto="On" Password="Xbox">
			<Item Action="Format" Arg1="X">Format X Drive</Item>
			<Item Action="Format" Arg1="Y">Format Y Drive</Item>
			<Item Action="Format" Arg1="Z">Format Z Drive</Item>
			<List Text="Format F Drive" Sort="Off" Batch="True">
				<Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="Format">Are you sure you want to format Drive F?</Item>
				<Item Action="Format" Arg1="F">Format F Drive</Item>
			</List>
			<List Text="Format G Drive" Sort="Off" Batch="True">
				<Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="Format">Are you sure you want to format Drive G?</Item>
				<Item Action="Format" Arg1="G">Format G Drive</Item>
			</List>
			<List Text="Format E Drive" Sort="Off" Batch="True">
				<Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="Format">Are you sure you want to format Drive E?</Item>
				<Item Action="Format" Arg1="E">Format E Drive</Item>
			</List>
		</List>
		<Item Action="Skins">Skins</Item>
	</List>
	<Item Action="FileManager">File Explorer</Item>
	<Item Action="C:\xboxdash.xbe">MS Dashboard</Item>
	<Item Action="Restart">Reboot</Item>
	<Item Action="Shutdown">Shutdown</Item>
</Menu>

There are two possible options for securing menu items from being executed accidently.  Requiring the user to enter a password or passcode (e.g., <List Text="menu item" Password="password"> or <List Text="menu item" Passcode="AYBX">).

If a password, a pop-up window opens requesting a Password to be entered using the onscreen keyboard and if a passcode, a pop-up wiindows opens requesting for the user to enter a Passcode. 

A password protected List element's Password attribute sets the password the user has to enter (e.g., Password="Xbox") to run the menu item. In the example, the password is Xbox which is case sensitive.  A passcode protected List element's Passcode attribute sets the passcode (controller button sequence) be used instead of a Password (e.g., Passcode="AYBX"). The user has to press the controller buttons sequentially - A Y B X - to access the protected menu item.

Brilliant thank you, I was able to FTP the file over to my computer and added in the Emulator option. I also moved around a few things as the default layout wasn't to my liking (Applications and System Settings were buried within a folder called 'Xbox Admin', I moved them to the main menu).

I'm having one more issue with the UI though, my emulators have icons when you highlight them but my games don't, any idea if this can be fixed somewhere? I'm using the default UnleashX skin.

Edited by alcatraz68