OGXbox.com

Can't save any new files to F volume

I just installed a 2TB SSD in my Xbox, as the previous HDD I had in it died. Once I got a dashboard installed (UnleashX 0.39.0528A), I started copying over my games. After 145 games, I started getting errors during FTP. When required, the FTP client would create subdirectories, but then trying to change in to the newly created sub directory would fail. All file uploads would fail as well. I've tried both FileZilla and WinSCP and both have the same problem.

Here's the error from WinSCP:

Dir already exists in cache! "/F/Games/<game name>/DATA": Directory not found.

I deleted the cache volumes on the Xbox, but the error continues to happen. As it stands, I'm unable to upload anything else to the F volume. There's 708GB free on F, so disk space shouldn't be a problem.

I also did a test using the File Manager app on the Xbox. I created a subdirectory in F:\Games and then copied a file from the E: over to the new subdirectory. The file doesn't show up in the subfolder.

I did have the my games split between F and G before, but that was because of how the volumes were original configured and there wasn't enough space on a single volume. I should be able to fit everything on F, but this issue is stopping me from doing so.

In case it matters, I'm using an M8Plus BIOS with LBA48 support which is patched for the XboxHD+. Both F and G are partitioned to about 972GB each.

yep, same problem I had the first time I did it years ago, you need to format your hard drive twice in XP Partitioner 1.3, the first time make the size a bit smaller than the available space on both partitions, then power off and on the Xbox and format it again this time to the full size and bingo you're off.  Problem has been around since the start of time.  Also make sure you've got 64kb cluster size.

At the moment if you go into XB Partitioner as sweetdarkdestiny said, you'll have ER on the partitions.

Edited by phrunt
  • Like 1

I did format twice, but something seems to have gone wrong. XBPartitioner was showing ER for F and G. Repartitioning and reformatting still resulted in ER. To solve it, I had XBPartitioner remove G, repartition and format, then re-add G. Now it's showing 64 for both volumes. Not sure how it got in to this state, but hopefully this fixes things. Kicking off the upload again.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Absolucy
      I got a 1.6 Xbox off ebay today. Still works (minus the dvd drive, but I got several spare dvd drives), but the case is absolutely fucked in and out. After taking the controller ports out, I can't even put them back in - all but one of the posts for screws that hold the controller ports in are broken! I can only hold controller port 4 in with the intact post, all the other posts have big chunks broken off.
      Is there anything I could rig up to hold the rest of the controller ports down, or bolt it down, or should I just try to find an intact 1.6 case?
    • By Absolucy
      I have a 1.0 Xbox I got from Goodwill online. It smells like a smoker crawled inside it and died, and I ended up accidentally tearing off the alt d0 pad , but got someone to repair it. However, it still does not boot, as it FRAGs instead. Can't figure out what is wrong - tons of pictures attached below.
      Things I've tried:
      Known-good PSU Booting WITH modchip + grounded d0 Booting without modchip or grounded D0 Swapping capacitors with good capacitors from a 1.1 Swapping the TSOP for one from a 1.1 Cleaning the board with IPA (multiple times) If any closer pictures are needed of any part, tell me.

• By phrunt
      I've got 2 XBOX's and one works perfectly and that's the one with a Xenium Ice chip in it, the other has an Aladdin chip I think, I can't recall as it was done about 15 years ago The chip requires that you hold down the power button for about 2 seconds to turn the mod chip on and boot the Xbox to UnleashX.  If you don't hold the power button down the screen just goes to no signal and the Xbox doesn't work, it powers on obviously just no signal.  If you do hold it down and enable the mod chip the Xbox boots up fine and works well, the only problem is if you do the two trigger / 2 button reboot trick with the M8 bios it does start the reboot process but just goes to a no signal screen.   If I go to the option in UnleashX to boot to MSDash it just goes to this same black no signal screen.
      I tried reinstalling MSDash in case it was a problem with the dashboard, but that made no difference.
      Does anyone know a solution to this? it's not a big deal but I'd like to resolve it if possible.  Thanks in advance.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.